Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 101 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #1001
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:00 PM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

Here's the cover for the swingarm pivot bolt. The D-cut has to be opened up slightly, and it still needs fitting.

The bottom of the cover has a skirt that covers the weld on the frame boss.

The titanium pivot nut flange was shaved 1mm, and 2mm was removed from the top of the nut. That way, the covers could be 3mm shorter.

The main problem is that I wanted these pieces to be ALUMINUM - not stainless. I only want the dome caps to be stainless, so I can gold nitride them.

Looks like I'm going to have them redone!

Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2009, 12:18 AM   #1002
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Got the bike together with the new tires on it, lowered the front, and got the rear pretty close to where I want it. The seat height looks good and the wheelbase is the same as the stock RZ.

Since I want the bike to be close to the final ride height and level - before finalizing the design for the rear caliper bracket - this is probably a good time to rebuild the rear shock and get some custom fork springs.

I think the '85 RZ 350 fork spring rate is .450kg/mm and the '07 GSXR 600 rate is .900kg/mm. I'm thinking about 750kg/mm, but not sure yet. (I weigh 156 lbs/71kg) Might need to go up on the rate because of the powerful front brakes.

Also ordered some preload adjusters and a left hand (lights/signals/horn) switch.
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2009, 01:38 AM   #1003
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:00 PM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

woweee! thats a sexy update pic!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 929_adam!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #1004
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Just spoke with Mike Hardy at Traxxion Dynamics.

He said they have .76kg and .80kg fork springs for the GSXR forks.

Just ran out and got 2 scales so I can start estimating bike weight.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #1005
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

lol. why are you posting his picture?

Quote:
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #1006
SquidVicious
theman themyth thelegend
SquidVicious's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 154
Flipped Off 97 Times in 58 Posts
SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
haha

That hooligan is a beast.
SquidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #1007
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
I was checking out their website, and they have pics of the employees posted. So, I took it one step further.

I thought it was funny. Even funnier if Mike finds this thread!

Gotta test fit these on the bike.

These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #1008
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee

even funnier if someone photoshops it!

Quote:
AFF.COM
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #1009
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
even funnier if someone photoshops it!
Easy guys...Traxxion Dynamics makes good products.

Otherwise, I wouldn't care.

The machine shop messed up again and put the D-cut on the inside of BOTH pivot bolt caps - but it's only needed on one. I thought it would be okay, but I left a small gap between the frame and cap, and light leaks through to the D-cut and interior of the cap.

Gotta make another one!!

I was going to make similar looking caps to go over the rear sets mounting bolts - but the allen heads would show and be flush in the center of the cap. Now, the plan is to recess the allen bolt, and make an identical cap (to the pivot bolt cap) that will screw directly into the face of the rearset plate, over the mounting bolts.
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #1010
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

those covers look great. I hope you dont mind, I'm taking allot of inspiration from this thread for my buildoff bike. I'm not copying you by any means, but its really cool to see how far you take an idea of perfection. our minds seem to work allot alike....... and yet very different.

I plan on doing aluminum conical covers for all the frame holes. probably gonna have them gold Iridited for some contrast to the bare frame.

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived fslflint!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes