97 Tarded YZ Build - Page 35 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 97 Tarded YZ Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2018, 03:36 PM   #341
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:37 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 97 Tarded YZ Build

Rich? I buy used parts from the guy who bought them as used parts.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #342
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:37 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Rich? I buy used parts from the guy who bought them as used parts.
I get my parts by trading stray dogs with gypsies who stole them from scrap yards. But it's not a competition. All I know is one of us has Multiple Hondas and the other has an underdog Yamaha mongrel.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2018, 04:00 PM   #343
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Fair enough, you win Though my Yamaha is my favorite bike of them all
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2018, 04:23 PM   #344
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Damn straight

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #345
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Hooked up this nano voltmeter:

I just squidged it on there with bitumen tape and a ziptie.
Once I get the mosfet RR plugged up properly I'll be able to keep an eye on things.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #346
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Connector arrived:

The RR that came with it looks dodgy AF. I think that might go straight in the bin but the plug is good.

Fits perfect.

So the voltmeter reads 15.8 to 17 volts under ~3k but above that I get 15.2 - 15.8. Mostly whilst riding around I'm seeing 15.4v. So I'm not too scared of those number. Obviously they're on the high side but even at 8 thousand RPMs it's reading under 15.5v.
So the voltage is a bit higher but the stator cover is so much cooler. I can pull over after a bit of riding and keep my hand on the stator cover for as long as I want. This is a huge improvement. Now when I get home from riding, the cylinder is hotter than the stator cover which was the other way round before.

I guess I'll just keep it like this til something breaks.

These people High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #347
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

That is very interesting that changing a connector could do that. I don't think I would've ever been smart enough to check stator cover temps like that. Always learning around here
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2018, 05:50 PM   #348
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
That is very interesting that changing a connector could do that. I don't think I would've ever been smart enough to check stator cover temps like that. Always learning around here
I had noticed for a while that the stator cover was getting really hot, really fast. Even compared to the cylinder head. But I just assumed that I hadn't noticed it before. Then when I sent the stator off to be rewound they rang me and said it looked like it's been getting too hot but just told me "it could be for any number of reasons". Google said it's coz I'm running a lot less electrics than the stator is intended for. So the answer is to run a different type of RegRec that handles the excess power more efficiently, keeping the stator cooler. TBH, I was just gonna put some vents in the stator cover to allow the heat to escape but JamesHambleton recommended a Mosfet type RR n that's what I've gone for.

Stator is running cool, voltage is running a bit high but I've got no battery for it to fry. Hopefully it doesn't kill anything else but I don't really expect that 15.4v is going to cause much trouble (famous last words).

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #349
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

My current sprocket is a Talon 43 tooth which is stock WR250F size but my gearing is too short for the road now I have more torque. I couldn't find what I wanted off the shelf but Renthal made a custom aluminium 38 tooth for me:

It took 2 days from the phone call to get to me and it's very light. I might even get a chanced to fit it soon.

Also, the other week I soldered the end of my throttle cable on which went well so I'm going to do my clutch cable but I'm worried about it not being strong enough for all the force needed. Anyone else done this?

Thanks

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2018, 04:20 PM   #350
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

I haven't had much luck soldering ends on old cables, but I'm sure it's because I didn't get the cable clean enough to start with. But I've got a bud that makes cables and never had one fail yet. He sticks the cable through the ferule then brads the cable out as much as possible before soldering. Less reliance on the adhesion if the solder that way. If I ever do it again I'll probably swish the cable end around in some muriatic acid to get it squeaky clean.
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis