97 Tarded YZ Build - Page 37 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 97 Tarded YZ Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2018, 06:11 PM   #361
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 97 Tarded YZ Build

I'm with Yantosh on this. You hardly ever see a bike this extensively modified that is this clean. Textbook sleeper.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2018, 05:21 AM   #362
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Thanks Yan. That means a lot. I know you can relate to working in a tiny shed! Entered.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2018, 08:01 AM   #363
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Cheers Shiner. It's just a beat up 90s dirt bike really....

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2019, 08:14 AM   #364
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Just something to watch out for if you're using or plan to use a Keihin PWK33 (or possibly any carb which shares the same body as a larger bored variant).

The PWK 33mm that I'm using is just a 35mm PWK with a smaller bore drilled offset:

not my image

Which is fine coz it means all the parts from the 35mm fit it and vice versa but I noticed that when I open the throttle right up the slide still has 35mm of travel! So 2mm of travel is just wasted:

The slide could be the wrong one but slides are expensive and this one works fine. I thought maybe there's a spacer or a different cap or something that my carb is missing but I can't find any info on that so I measured the recess in the cap:

(32 OD, 13 ID, 2 deep)

The slide rests on the outer lip of that recess so I had a spacer made up which sits in the recess and protrudes by 2mm so that it limits the travel of the slide:

And now at full throttle, the slide is flush with the top of the bore:

These people High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #365
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:53 PM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

So, before the spacer mod, when you applied full throttle-

Was the slide hanging down 2mm inside the bore?

Or...

Was the slide 2mm above the bore?
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #366
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

2mm above. The slide was traveling upwards 35mm.
Not causing any issues except unnecessary excessive throttle travel.

*Edited initial post to save confusion.

This user High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #367
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:53 PM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Good info, thanks.

I have a set of new 33s.

I'll give them a close look before installing.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2019, 12:00 PM   #368
busa1300
GURU

CF Lover
busa1300's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

If the carb was designed that way...
And putting a spacer there will now also mean that the needle will be 2mm lower that designed.
Could be an issue at the top end...?

Or change needle position depending on where needle clip is at to start

2019 winter build off bike RZV500R
https://www.customfighters.com/forum...d.php?t=136718

__________MY TWO STROKE ADDICTION_____________
RGV VJ21 L____________GT 750 J__sold _____
RGV VJ22 FL_________ GT 750 long term cafe project___
RGV VJ22 N ______________RS 250 Cup Bike_________
RGV VJ23 T__________And one for the water...SX-R 800_
RZ 350_______________The cherry popper...KD 80_____
___________________RZV500R____________________
busa1300 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived busa1300!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #369
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Good info, thanks.

I have a set of new 33s.

I'll give them a close look before installing.

Cool, let me know. Maybe mine had the wrong slide or cap but slides are around 70 dollars and caps 40 or so but this spacer was a fiver so my wallet is happy anyways

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #370
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by busa1300 View Post
If the carb was designed that way...
And putting a spacer there will now also mean that the needle will be 2mm lower that designed.
Could be an issue at the top end...?

Or change needle position depending on where needle clip is at to start
You're right that the needle will now be 2mm lower at full throttle so I will need to re examine the main jet for sure.
The rest of the jetting will be unaffected.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis