Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

I know nothing about risers.

993 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Junkie 
#1 ·
So i got a top yoke that came with risers...cant remember how they go together! Unlikely to use these as they are scabby...what sort of kit do i need looking at hiw the yoke has been configured? Also...how might these buggers go together please? Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd say those risers are a set, but they have never been fitted to that yoke.

An OEM setup would have indentations top and bottom of the top yoke for the two rubber vibration dampers, the sleeve would pass through the whole lot, sandwiching the yoke between the rubber dampers.

Your yoke has 4 big holes, likely for bolting straight through clamps with a nut each on the bottom. Not always easiest thing to assemble.

It has also a pair of smaller holes. You can get clamps where a single bolt goes up through the bottom into the clamp to retain it. Those smaller holes might be for that, but they look pretty small so maybe the original clip on bars screwed into them?

If the small holes are for bolting clip ons to, they're a gift as they'll be in line with each other so if he'd just enlarged them for a single bolt riser, t would have been easy and neat.

Reactions: remfanuk
#3 ·
Thanks for the explanation...i have since had them in every concievable pairing and you're right..they were never intended for this yoke...bit of a red herring.
The 2 smaller holes are not for the clipons as you can see on the underneath which has also been filled with material and welded which has allowed the 4 big mounting holes to be created.
Think i am going to need a 2 bolt thpe riser with 35mm centres.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Yes, I see now the two smaller holes which were for attaching clip ons.

Can't work out the smaller holes now. I'd usually expect M10 if they were holding the risers on with 1 bolt, m8 if using a pair.

It's been on a mill to get the recessed holes so whoever did it knew what he was doing. That sort of recess would only really be for an Allen bolt, so did they sandwich the lot and have a nut on the top? Or maybe there's some type of riser (maybe home made on the mill) with two threaded holes on the bottom portion for those Allen bolts, then long enough to also have threads to screw the top cap down and maybe a sneaky single screw to keep it lined up while assembling?

#6 ·
I've seen lots of clip ons that use a single small bolt into the triple in order to locate it. The clamp section around the fork itself is what holds it structurally, the bolt to the triple is just to initially align it correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.