Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

the rocket cafe

9K views 34 replies 1 participant last post by  jvanguard 
#1 ·
Here we go, this is my first build- its an 05' CBR 600rr. Got a good start today all the fairings are off. I think this is going to be a long process and this year is mostly cosmetic. I've seen some really trick engine stuff that has inspired me to dig a little deeper when my pockets will allow. As of now it has been geared and been mapped with a PC III along with a K&N filter...good enough for now.

Wanted to make a track bike but that'll have to wait till later on in life. So if I cant track it why does it keep all that extra aero squid weight. Ditch the bi*ch I say and here we go....now if I can just figure out this picture thing.

#29 ·
So, thats it for now. Finished the normal tuck and hide business. Gonna clean up the radiator and give it some fresh paint. Still looking for an overflow bottle that suits me. Debating removing the rear swinger this weekend....$50 bucks for powder coating $52 to replace all the bearings. Removing all the CA smog shit was a pain, but I lost a few pounds ditching it. Suggestions ideas? send em to the discussion I'm open.

#30 ·
So little update. Removed the swinger, off to get coated first thing monday. Picked up all the "crush gaskets" for the headers, oil, coolent, K&N recharge for air filter, and some other shit for a proper tune up. Got some engine enamel in flat flack for the engine case and frame. It should look good with the contrast of the gloss black on all the stuff I got powder coated and the gloss tank. Camera died so this is the only pic you get for the night. I call the picture S&M Moto...get it hanging by the ropes...:doh:

#31 ·
Todays update:

Rear swinger, subframe and a handfull of other parts are ready for powdercoating, they'll be off in the morning. There are actually quite a few more parts than whats shown....got busy after this picture.

This is my rear end idea, I actually think it looks pretty cool. I'll trim the tray to use for the battery, my idea is to keep the rear seat functioning for the little lady. When she wants to go I'll throw on the seat and the passenger pegs, when its just me I'll put the hard style cowl on no pegs.... I really like the subframe all striped down...it looks very streetfighterish. I painted the frame and engine areas tonight as well, but failed at taking pictures. The paint is matte black. I think the contrast between the matte frame/engine/wheels with the high gloss subframe/crankcase cover, sets, levers, etc will look pretty sweet.

Anyway, for tomorrow I'll get the headers on. Work on cleaning up the radiator, and locating the plumbing for the rad since I destroyed it all removing it.

I also cleaned up the chain, who knew kerosene was the best friggin thing since sliced bread for that? not me. It worked badass. more tomorrow....

#32 ·
So a migraine put me in a dark room and out for the count today. BTW it was the only one I have ever had and turned me into a light sensitive boob. Finally feeling good, but no work done today. I still got a couple pics of latest work completed. The parts did make it to Evergreen Powder Coating in Spokane this morning. Props to them great prices; a little-old- lady (Edith) owns it with her husband and she does the bookkeeping, secretarial work, and will make you laugh. If your in Eastern WA, take your stuff here. Shit the main guy even helped me pack my shit in the building.

Paint is finished, and actually ended up better than expected.

I'm guilty of chain neglect. Lock me up. I did quite a bit of reading about cleaning chains, horror stories and such. Many chain manufacturers recommend using Kerosene to clean your chain. I went this route. All I have to say is damn it works well.

See all clean and purdy. So tomorrow- god forbid a migraine- I'll get the radiator cleaned up, and header on.

#33 ·
See these two studs?

Ruined. The replacements will be here early next week. So for now no headers or radiator mounting. Looks like a hold up for a bit or at least until some parts arrive from Evergreen.
Plus another bloody migrane, I'm wondering if its from the fumes hanging out in the shed? Fucking migraine ruined my dinner date and movie night with my wife- arm and tongue went numb and it felt like the world was shouting in my ear at the restaurant while some little fucker was poking the back of my eyeball with chopsticks.:runovasmiley:

#35 ·
Hey fookers got some work done today. Brakes, Radiator, Levers, Rear Sets, and some other misc. stuff done. Clutch cover is sourced out to replace the needle bearings, some grit was in the bearings from the blasting. A few pics.

I'm still sorting out the tail cowl, its off a 1000rr just needs to be shimed to catch the latches I think.

Almost rideable!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.