Matty`s China Street Quad - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty`s China Street Quad

View Poll Results: Which road to take?
Fix`n flip 2 28.57%
Full custom rebuild 2 28.57%
No fucks hoontrike 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-15-2019, 01:44 AM   #11
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:57 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty`s China Street Quad

That stuff is super rare and hellishly expensive here. Never seen it sold in a spray can either

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #12
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

A little shopping spree later. Made an impulse buy with that handlebar forgetting one tiny but quite an important thing...

Yea... So either gotta relocate or replace the gauge cluster, the latter being the more tempting option as IMO that fugly box thing looks like a multimeter on a mount...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2019, 08:09 AM   #13
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Dammit I didn`t flatten my ass for three years in a trade school to study for an El-Tech degree to fold upon the first challenge and order a new wiring harness especially when there`s a mail strike going on here so nothing is moving in or rout of the country starting tomorrow... I`ll admit it was a bit daunting to try decoding a wiring harness that was not only discolored and brittled from the heat, but also fused together into a solid clump for about 10cm or so but once I got a few wires sorted it all suddenly started making perfect sense. Lighting relay completely wired in last night, the rest is basically just replacing damaged wires but I happened to run out of the correct size heatshrink so can`t continue ATM lest I manage to find some more from the boxes. The CDI I have to replace (and try to figure out where I can get a new plug for it) and the lightng relay plug was completely melted so I decided to delete that instead of sourcing a nine-pin plug somewhere) I`ll tell you everything here says done as cheaply as possible as a lot of the wires that have a plug at both ends are ridiculously too long so they`re clearly repurposed from some other model, especially the starter relay-starter motor cable was about twice as long as needed and of questionable gauge. I`ll suspect by just replacing the power cables I can make this thing start a lot quicker than originally (doubly so by fitting in the old battery left over from the Daytona which is way overkill for this). The weird thing about the wiring harness is there`s precisely ONE fuse in the entire machine! Thinking if I should wire in some more but gotta have a bit of a think where to put em as pretty much everything other than engine management is controlled by a single relay box.

got the headlight cowl painted, was putting in some final passes and of course managed to fumble and dropped it to the floor! I`m using acrylic paint so the finish is like rock hard so gonna be a hoot trying to sand out all the crap I managed to gather on the still tacky surface. Pissed doesn`t beging to touch, woulda been cheaper to get a new one than the paint already used but everyone`s out of stock locally and ordering abroad is not a viable option ATM.

This user High Fived Mattson!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2019, 06:34 PM   #14
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:57 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post

Dammit I didn`t flatten my ass for three years in a trade school to study for an El-Tech degree to fold upon the first challenge and order a new wiring harness especially when there`s a mail strike going on here so nothing is moving in or rout of the country starting tomorrow... I`ll admit it was a bit daunting to try decoding a wiring harness that was not only discolored and brittled from the heat, but also fused together into a solid clump for about 10cm or so but once I got a few wires sorted it all suddenly started making perfect sense. Lighting relay completely wired in last night, the rest is basically just replacing damaged wires but I happened to run out of the correct size heatshrink so can`t continue ATM lest I manage to find some more from the boxes. The CDI I have to replace (and try to figure out where I can get a new plug for it) and the lightng relay plug was completely melted so I decided to delete that instead of sourcing a nine-pin plug somewhere) I`ll tell you everything here says done as cheaply as possible as a lot of the wires that have a plug at both ends are ridiculously too long so they`re clearly repurposed from some other model, especially the starter relay-starter motor cable was about twice as long as needed and of questionable gauge. I`ll suspect by just replacing the power cables I can make this thing start a lot quicker than originally (doubly so by fitting in the old battery left over from the Daytona which is way overkill for this). The weird thing about the wiring harness is there`s precisely ONE fuse in the entire machine! Thinking if I should wire in some more but gotta have a bit of a think where to put em as pretty much everything other than engine management is controlled by a single relay box.

got the headlight cowl painted, was putting in some final passes and of course managed to fumble and dropped it to the floor! I`m using acrylic paint so the finish is like rock hard so gonna be a hoot trying to sand out all the crap I managed to gather on the still tacky surface. Pissed doesn`t beging to touch, woulda been cheaper to get a new one than the paint already used but everyone`s out of stock locally and ordering abroad is not a viable option ATM.
single fuse seem to be common on the pitbikes and ill put money on the loom is just a standard chinese pitbike loom.

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2020 build off - build - chat
titan is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2019, 07:52 PM   #15
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Well probly not pitbike loom since it has lights and blinkers but it definitely is a some sort of a generic loom that`s what`s for sure.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2019, 02:19 AM   #16
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Apparently only the outer bits of the CDI connector (and one singed corner) were burned after all. Half tempted to slap on some crimp connectors at the wire ends and see if that thing is still alive.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2019, 04:16 AM   #17
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Wiring harness done (for the most part, still need starter wires etc) Added that spiral thingy under the tape for added protection, makes the bundle pretty stiff tho... Found one wire that clearly had been snapped before the fire, pity I don't have the diagram to find out what it's supposed to do but replaced it anyway. Plan is to get this smoking by the end of the week, which reminds me I should probly check that the engine actually turns and that the oil is still looking at least somewhat oily instead of milkshake.

Oh and found out a couple interesting details, the model year is not 2002 it's 2007, it has about 4.3k in the meter, and apparently this is a pushrod engine which explains the weird shaped valve cover!

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2019, 06:49 PM   #18
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Needed a break from the electrickery and tried my hand at vinyl taping. I suck at it, bad. But anyway a small sneak peek to the finished design. A big shout out to Uber tape, pricey as it may be, it comes with a matching sized clear sheet that you stick on your piece, draw out your design, then lay onto the graphic to cut out, makes it worlds easier.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2019, 07:14 PM   #19
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Hit a bit of a roadbump: the original carb boot will not fit to the keihin carb, and the keihin carb with the new boot clashes with the exhaust. Custom chimney time.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2019, 07:16 PM   #20
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:57 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post

Wiring harness done (for the most part, still need starter wires etc) Added that spiral thingy under the tape for added protection, makes the bundle pretty stiff tho... Found one wire that clearly had been snapped before the fire, pity I don't have the diagram to find out what it's supposed to do but replaced it anyway. Plan is to get this smoking by the end of the week, which reminds me I should probly check that the engine actually turns and that the oil is still looking at least somewhat oily instead of milkshake.

Oh and found out a couple interesting details, the model year is not 2002 it's 2007, it has about 4.3k in the meter, and apparently this is a pushrod engine which explains the weird shaped valve cover!

Dammitman, you dig right in to stuff

Did not expect apushrod motor. You gonna crack 'er open so we can get a good look at the innards??!
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion