Always wanted a bow... - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Always wanted a bow...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #51
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Always wanted a bow...

And here you can see my first ever completed flemish twist bowstring. It`s far from perfect as the two different fishing lines I used behaved VERY differently, the yellow one being just braided and the orange one fused together made them behave like a sewing yarn and a monophile fishing line making them quite a challenge to spin together.

And here you can see my biggest fear materializing. Compare the arrow shelf to the string and you can quite easily see something`s askew. I reckon the easiest way to remedy this is to change the angle of the lower limb as that seems to be further back making me suspect I`ve followed the wrong cutting line or something at some point, that however needs to wait for a while as I`ve been riding the inspiration to steamroll this forward pushing back pretty much everything else which now has to be gotten back on schedule but not giving up on this either although it might take some time to get back to this.

Oh and did a few test pulls to feel the strength needed to shoot this, I gotta say it`s less than I anticipated.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2019, 10:39 PM   #52
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer
Local Time: 08:50 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all

Your limbs won’t be the same. Swap them and see what it looks like. Also get a picture of it at full draw. Get a luggage scale or something and test what the draw weight. A great starter weight is between 20 and 30 pounds and it doesn’t feel like a lot at first.

If the limbs are still uneven, rather than shaving your riser it would be better to cut a wedge to go under the offset limb. It’ll be a hard cut to get that tight a wedge but You’re risky a lot less than putting blades on the riser.
makenzie71 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived makenzie71!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2019, 01:32 AM   #53
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post

Shoot!...I got behind quick! This is looking awesome, Matti

But admit it. Them pink and purple sandals are yours, ain't they?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2019, 01:45 AM   #54
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Shoot!...I got behind quick! This is looking awesome, Matti

But admit it. Them pink and purple sandals are yours, ain't they?
I think they are his

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rex_saugerty!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-15-2019, 05:07 AM   #55
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Mr. delivery man dropped me this, guess I gotta go buy some arrows and shim the limb to see how/if this thing actually shoots.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2019, 01:43 AM   #56
hooligan998
Fighter
hooligan998's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
hooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to all

You could always install a whisker biscuit arrow rest. Much quieter and eliminates the need for a trued arrow rest. It would still need to be at the center of the pull though.
hooligan998 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2019, 09:42 AM   #57
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all

His issue isn't with the arrow rest. It's with the uneven stress on the limbs. Arrow rests are hardly ever truly perpendicular to the string, but the limb mounts need to be almost identical in relation to the string. The closer to parallel to the string, the more resistant to pulling, and it's like how water flows. It doesn't matter how much less resistance one path offers over the other, the water will go that way. the bottom limb on Mattson's bow, in the same way, will be doing almost all of the work.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2019, 12:44 AM   #58
hooligan998
Fighter
hooligan998's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
hooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to all

Gotcha. I see what you mean.
hooligan998 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-21-2019, 05:37 PM   #59
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

@makenzie71 Watch this you`ll love it!

https://youtu.be/URwuU0bRMpU

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-21-2019, 05:45 PM   #60
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
@makenzie71 Watch this you`ll love it!

https://youtu.be/URwuU0bRMpU
I really like his channel and i th8nk his “repeating bows” are quite neat

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion