Dimestak - 1988 xlh883 Sportster - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Dimestak - 1988 xlh883 Sportster

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2018, 06:34 PM   #31
DimestaK
GURU

CF Lover
DimestaK's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:19 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
DimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dimestak - 1988 xlh883 Sportster

Well, I never did find any actual numbers for how many degrees of steering was needed. Google was about worthless so I threw the angle finder on the Kawi. It had about the same, maybe a tad less, so I'm just going to run with it. Really only matters in parking lots so thats not a big deal.

I've jumped over to the headlight for now and been working on remaking it. Its been quite interesting taking the old one apart and seeing how I made it years ago before access to lathes, mills, rollers and all that jazz. I didnt take pictures but this ones made from a 5" tube cap and a rolled strip. Welded them together and metal finished making this bucket.

DimestaK is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived DimestaK!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-06-2018, 10:00 PM   #32
DimestaK
GURU

CF Lover
DimestaK's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:19 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
DimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dimestak - 1988 xlh883 Sportster

Headlight mounts are getting started. Drilled and tapped the riser bolts to double as mounts and made another set of bungs

And did another single mount in the lower trip.

Looks a bit off with the button head bolts, but they will be swapped later for some socket heads. Just didn't have any at the moment. Headlights going to be somewhere about here

DimestaK is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived DimestaK!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads