Titan - eXtreme Jester - XJ600 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Titan - eXtreme Jester - XJ600

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Titan - eXtreme Jester - XJ600

I'll get the date pics as soon as I get back off my holiday.
The XJ has fallen off my radar as late and I'm using this as motivation.

Currently a rolling chassis as I stripped alot off it. Engine is stripped and on the bench

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=124585

So the plan

Finish engine ~
Change some shit ~
Paint some shit ~
Change some more ~
Put lights on ~
Play with electrics ~

Get it riding again as a fun ratish bike.

build price
starting cost 1300
95 gasket set, bars, dremel tools
33 headlight
11 levers
49 paint
15 front CBR600 f2 master cylinder
20 bearing puller
13 spacers
30 engine paint
15 more levers
45 rear shock
17 front number board
27 braided front lines
4.80 bearings
12.60 pegs
5.30 SS bolts
7.90 shock spacers
3.70 bars ends
10 fork oil
7 fork sleeve
15 dot 4 fluid
3.50 spacers
18.25 tail tidy
3.20 bullet connectors
5 P clips
115 sonic cleaner (forgot to add this)
3.50 screw extractors
13 front fender
17.50 carb stainless steel allen screw set
24 carb gaskets
4 oil seal
120 PC
22 wheels bearing kit
10 fuel lines
25 hexi coil kit
23 half price front wheel clamp
20 rear braided line
7 rear disk bolts
31 rear disk
170 tyres
100 Speedo and cable adapter
30 exhaust parts and oil filter

total 2501.25

sold a shock 18

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat

Last edited by titan; 11-10-2017 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added build cost total
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Titan - eXtreme Jester - XJ600

Ok so back off holiday and feeling refreshed.

start point pictures and where it is right now

Quite crowded in here

Ok so it's pretty spread out right now but and I need to sort out some working space. Should help that the lexmoto is going today.

To start with a list
Red means I need to order it or buy it, I'm sure this will get longer before it get shorter

And I took a couple of hours to collect this lot. It will be revealed later in the build what they will be used for

Quote:
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

These people High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

So cyclinder 1 & 2 done except for a bit of fine sanding.

2 more to do and I can move on. This drains me as I have the attention span of a knat

Rest of the engine is done will order paint so I can get it painted and put back in.

Worked out what light I'm going with so that's in the basket. Now to find a rear shock to give it a bit of a lift, probably a ER6 as that's should give it about an inch

Quote:
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2017, 07:16 PM   #4
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

So been crunching the numbers and I'm in for about 1300 so far up to now. Including original price of bike.

So I want to keep spending under a grand including any tools I need to buy.

See how that goes

Quote:
H Designs

This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Well fuck it!!

Found out this morning one our riding buddy's died yesterday ( not bike related) so nothing to do but get the boys together and ride!!

No work today

But I will be back on it tomorrow

Quote:
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Cyclinder 3&4 air intake done. Tomorrow the head and a few other bits going for a chem clean.

When my Mrs says 'i think you would sleep with your bikes if you could' it makes pictures like this hard to explain

Honestly I'm sanding the hole!!

Quote:
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2017, 03:49 PM   #7
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Finally got the head, cylinder and engine casing in a chemical cleaner so they just need a final wipe down with some gunk to remove a few stubborn bits.

Also collected up a bag of spacers I keep moving from one place to another in hope that I'll remember to drop them in to be made properly hahaha.

Now what to spend some money on

Quote:
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2017, 01:14 PM   #8
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Finally finished the main work on the head. Just waiting on some fine sandpaper bits from the Dremel. Then I can get it's finished. Only other job to do on head is break off more of the studs, drill them out and re tap, can't wait

It's all cleaned now too but gonna run it through the parts cleaner at work one more time before i paint it.

Also cleaned the decals off the tank and started preparing in ready to be re done.

Quote:
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2017, 04:43 PM   #9
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

forgot to add

cried as i paid 95 out on some wire brushes, dremel sandpaper things, new bars and gasket set the latter being 2rds of that, should have just gone old school and used a cereal box hahaha

so get paint ordered finish of the last few bits on the head and this thing will be nearly ready to go back together and i can get on with some real work.

Quote:
H Designs

This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #10
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

So I started today with a quick look at removing the the studs out the head. That went as well as expected, 1 came out 2 others de -threaded 1 did nothing. So I ended up trying to weld the nuts on and get them out that way which failed so I guess I'll be cutting and drilling them.

And that was that

Similarly I left paint stripper on the tank over night and it achieved fuck all, so scrapped for about an hour

Then remembered I had one of these

And was left with this after a further 30 mins

I wanted to take it back to metal because the green paint I used last year was still on there and its shit so fresh start this year. The purple tinge is from the rust treatment.

Also managed to smash my phone screen which cheered me up I can only.put it down to bits coming on the grinder but haho.

Slow (basically no) updates for a week as I'm away

Quote:
H Designs

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads