Nathan's CBR600F - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Nathan's CBR600F

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-20-2018, 07:09 PM   #31
Natan
Fighterer
Natan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:58 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Natan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant future
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner 
Default Re: Nathan's CBR600F

Bolted the seat up. Looks alright but I can't get it any neater. Might take it to an actual upholsterer someday:

The back part is really annoying!

My styrofoam came in the post at last so I started making what will hopefully end up a mould for some fibreglass:

Sanded a bit much on the side that sits against the seat 'loop' and couldn't get it to line up, so I cut a couple more bits of foam and glued them on. Here's as far as I got:

Couple of questions for all you fibreglass gurus:
Will I be able to get chopped strand mat to sit over an edge? The rough shape of the cover (hopefully):

Do I drape a bit of the mat over the plug or use lots of overlapping bits?
Is it best to cut pieces or tear them (I heard tearing the mat helps it blend in better)?

2018 Winter Buildoff - CBR600F - Build - Discussion
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Natan!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-22-2018, 06:15 PM   #32
Natan
Fighterer
Natan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant future

No progress with the tail build-off. I did finish wrapping the grips though. Stuck bar end mirrors on, just need actual bar ends to plug the ends of them. Fitted the clip ons, bolted the belly pan on and wheeled it out into the dark for a look:

Cockpit view:

Excuse the potato cam pictures. My phone is shite in anything but daylight.

Got a profile shot too. It's coming along just how I'd hoped:

This week I'll fuck about with the factory rearsets and try to fix up a mount for the exhausts. Going to see a powdercoater on Friday to get a quote - that'll be something to work towards! Any comments/pointers/suggestions welcome as always.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-30-2018, 05:36 PM   #33
Natan
Fighterer

Can't upload pictures from my phone but I'm slowly chipping away at it. Started making an exhaust bracket today and got the swing arm brace welded up on the back shift at work so will hopefully get just about the last of the fab work done on the bike tomorrow.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2018, 10:01 AM   #34
Natan
Fighterer

Got some shit done before back shift today.
RIP living room lamp. Your stand shall live on as an exhaust bracket:

Welded a couple of tabs onto the ends. Exhaust cans are still a bit wobbly, another leg going from the bottom up to the foot peg heel plate should steady them up a bit.

Also got my swingarm brace welded up. Will take it and the swing arm over to my mate to get it TIG'd up ASAP.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2018, 01:23 PM   #35
Natan
Fighterer

Slightly revised exhaust hanger:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2018, 03:57 PM   #36
Natan
Fighterer

Did some work on the tail today.

Gave it the first coat of filler, will sand it down tomorrow. Glad to get started on it again.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2018, 07:30 PM   #37
Natan
Fighterer

Not much to report; painted a few bits last night at work (few brackets). The primer reacted on the top triple but I didn't bother sorting it as I forgot it was getting powdercoated anyway. Did a test of the potential bodywork colour on the tail light bracket and what was supposed to be a nice deep red is actually pinky-purple not happening. So I've just ordered the new colour, primer, lacquer and sandpaper so I can get some of the messy jobs out of the way.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-08-2018, 04:33 PM   #38
Natan
Fighterer

Pics from the other night:
Drilled and tapped the bar again for a retaining screw (to stop the cheap shit throttle housing from spinning with the tube!):

Painted a few bits black:

And this definitely isn't 'Anger Red.' Unless it's called that because you get angry it isn't fucking red

Getting there with the tail plug; that centre line is going to take some careful sanding though.

And fun fact: you can fit an extended swing arm into an RST race bag!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2018, 01:02 PM   #39
Natan
Fighterer

Swing arm braced up, just before painting:

Painted and fitted up:

Liking it so far. Need to get a better photo once the centre stand is off it again.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2018, 06:30 PM   #40
Natan
Fighterer

Should be the last bit of filler on the tail mould plug thing.

So if I wrap it in packing tape prior to laying the resin on it, will that hide any tiny imperfections in the surface? Bearing in mind they'll be on the inside anyway?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads