Racing Geek's Polished Turd - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Racing Geek's Polished Turd

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2017, 02:16 AM   #11
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:10 PM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 
Default Re: Racing Geek's Polished Turd

Kept thinking about it at work today so I designed a cartridge emulator tonight. The shim, bolt, washer, nut, and both springs are McMaster Carr items so if I ever need a different spring rate or thicker shim they will be easy to obtain. I made the parts different colors so it's easier to understand what's what and threw it in the fork model to do a test fit. It isn't much but another added benefit to the emulators is dropping almost half a pound from the front end weight.

Perhaps a bigger benefit is that this emulator is also a perfect fit in the forks of my YZ80 track bike and since I'm running the same spring rate in that, any testing I do with one bike will carry over to the other.

Like all the other pics in this thread, if you click them they will get bigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cartridge Emulator.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	449.6 KB
ID:	99306

Name:	Cartridge Emulator1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	416.9 KB
ID:	99308

Name:	Cartridge Emulator2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	384.8 KB
ID:	99310

Name:	Fork Assembly with Cartridge Emulator.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	444.3 KB
ID:	99312
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Racing Geek!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #12
Racing Geek
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

I need a face groove tool in order to make the emulators and since I don't have one at home I stuck around at work today to knock one out quick. Gave this shattered end mill a new lease on life.

Name:	IMG_20171215_162839.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	99336

Looking at it now I see that I forgot to add the chip breaker. If I don't end up making the emulators this weekend I'll add it on Monday.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-19-2017, 12:41 AM   #13
Racing Geek
Scavenger Hunt 

Added the chip breaker today and turned two of the emulator parts. Not much but progress is progress.

Name:	IMG_20171218_224615.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	808.8 KB
ID:	99368

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2017, 04:42 PM   #14
Racing Geek
Scavenger Hunt 

Finished turning the bodies of the fork emulators. This is what I needed the face groove tool for and it worked great. Next up are the high speed compression valves and then I get to drill a bunch of tiny holes.

Name:	IMG_20171224_152518.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	848.7 KB
ID:	99408

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads