Ironmonkey's Cbr 600 F2 **Kill Bill Vol.1** - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2012 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2012 Buildoff Entry Threads

2012 Buildoff Entry Threads All buildoff threads will be posted here, and posted in by ONLY the original poster

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ironmonkey's Cbr 600 F2 **Kill Bill Vol.1**

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
Ironmonkey
Mr. Stink-finger

Fighterer
Ironmonkey's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:29 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Ironmonkey is well likedIronmonkey is well likedIronmonkey is well likedIronmonkey is well likedIronmonkey is well likedIronmonkey is well liked
Default Ironmonkey's Cbr 600 F2 **Kill Bill Vol.1**

I'm in this bitches!! Better late then never! HaHA!!

So this is my baby. My brother (who just finished active duty in the cream corn) has agreed to help me (read pay for) rebuilding her into a sick fighter, in return for wrenching with me and footin' the bill i'm gonna give him the finished product. This was my first bike and also my first attempt at a fighter.....that was till I high sided at a high rate of speed.....whoops. So she been sitting in my garage for a couple years waiting for this.

Plans include:

*Complete tear down
*Replace all the mangled bits, cross my fingers the forks are still straight
*Clean EVERYTHING!!!
*Replace timing cover and any other rashed engine parts
*Paint engine
*Modify or make a new subframe
*Powder coat frame and swinger
*Muffler mod
*Custom wire harness
*Possible fiberglass mask/front fairing headlight set up
*Fiberglass front fender
*Paint tank and wheels
*Still deciding on clip-ons or dirty bars.........

I'm sure i'm forgetting some things and now that I look at this list of all shit I want to get done, 6 months doesn't seem like enough time
Ironmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Ironmonkey!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
Ironmonkey
Mr. Stink-finger

Fighterer
Ironmonkey is well likedIronmonkey is well likedIronmonkey is well likedIronmonkey is well likedIronmonkey is well likedIronmonkey is well liked
Default Re: Ironmonkey's Cbr 600 F2 **Kill Bill Vol.1**

Ley me start off my giving some props to Poopie.....ssaved some moola on the engine cleaning kit form KBS-coatings. We also picked up some diamond finish from them and an inline air filter to keep moisture out of the line when we spray this bad lady. I will be reppin you sir.

Last sunday we pulled the engine out and filled a milk carton of random odds and ends. This sunday after watching the seahawks beat the ravens we started cleaning the motor. What a pig.

After three hours with a toothbrush, rags, and a flat head screw driver its looking much better. Not done but much much better.

We got the gloss black motor coater from kbs.......gonne be wet lookin with some yellow accents, timing, clutch cover stuff like that. Gonna be slick, we have another couple of hours of cleaning before its ready for painting. I thinking I want to do alot of the painting at the same time so I need to start prepping the tank soon. We are also needing to find a welder that will be starting in a week so we can get the frame and swinger to powder coat. More posts inc........
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
Ironmonkey
Mr. Stink-finger

Fighterer

This is a NON-pic (at least the work i'm doing) update. I'm currently in discussion with a welder about the mods I want to make to the subby and muffler. I'm also considering putting some sort of trellis on the swinger to give me a second point to attach the rear hugger. On my bike the welds broke from the vibration since it was just attached at the base. I'm looking to improve on that design. I would consider running no rear fender but under the seat gets so fuckin filthy I like the look of the 900rr style below......we would just make some adjustments to make it work in our project.

I like that meaty look to the swing arm, there will need to me some changes to that look because of shock placement and such but I think I can have a design that does both.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
Ironmonkey
Mr. Stink-finger

Fighterer

Welp I'm out new job, new baby, and a death in the family has really put a damper on my enthusiasm and time. This will be an on-going project but is no where near being ready for the build off. I'm still planning on heading to Portland for some FFW action but I think that is the extent of my commitment to motorcycle related activities besides riding my other fighter. GL to all who entered may you finish in time!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2012 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2012 Buildoff Entry Threads