Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 - Carmen - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2012 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2012 Buildoff Entry Threads

2012 Buildoff Entry Threads All buildoff threads will be posted here, and posted in by ONLY the original poster

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 - Carmen

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #31
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:05 PM
Flip Offs: 321
Flipped Off 209 Times in 127 Posts
Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser
Default Re: Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 - Carmen

Day 32 of the build

I got those small pieces blasted:

I hacked this little guy off my old exhaust in case I need a section for the new one. the entire exhaust stock is good quality stainless so why waste it?:
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Jackstand Johnny!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #32
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser

And now Uncle Jackstand is gonna show you how to knockout a dent from your exhaust, or any straight hollow pipe...huhuhuhuh.

First you'll need some forgiving hammers and sockets that will just barely fit in side the pipe:

Then, get angry on it in a fierce jerking off motion:

Getting smaller and smaller and smaller...AND IVE GOT NOTHING TO SAY, ITS ALL BEEN TAKEN AWAY...sorry(NIN):

Keep beating the shit out of it, but don't paint yourself in a corner and end up getting the socket stuck...cause that would suck. Keep getting it, and take your time. Pay close attention to what you're doing to that thin metal. Only hammer out just what you need to and only beat around the dent, which would be to material that rises up:

My dent was stopped right at a bend so I couldn't get it all out, but it looks way better and will perform as such.By the way I used the smaller of the two sockets to hammer out the dent a little further into the bend after I did what I could with the big guy:

Hopefully that helps some of you guys out some day.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Jackstand Johnny!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #33
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 33 of the build

I painted my RC car:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #34
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 36 of the build

I had to take some time and clean my minishop and living room closet to I could get my tool chest into my workspace. I also bedinered my kickstand:

I also spoke with a good friend of mine who's one of the best painters in the area about painting my bike at the cost of paint. I'm gonna sit down with him and go over some design ideas, colors, etc. and do the paint up right. I'm gonna go for a very classy and refined kind of crazy.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #35
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 37 of the build

I'm kicking around ideas for paint before I get up with my buddy to discuss what direction it'll be going in. I made a bunch of copies of a tracing of another SV that has the same seat/subby that I will hopefully have and used it as a blank template to work out paint schemes on since I'm a photoshop gimp. Heres two I drew up so far:

The latter of the two is the main concept I had when thinking of something other than a monotone paint job. I'll have more designs as time goes on, and do not take the Black and White scheme literally. Its just a contrast to show the design. what do you guys think?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-21-2011, 06:37 AM   #36
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 50 of the build

I've hit a road block. A point in which for now, I cannot pass. I have been looking for a tig welder to fill in the gashes on my frame, then it can go out for paint. Once I paint the frame I can start building the bike back up.

It has been very hard to find someone that will tig for cheap.

In the meanwhile I completely ripped open one of my Yoshi R&D pipes to see if I can rebuild it:

I also finally made some aluminum inserts for the bottom side of my top triple using the plastic templates I made:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #37
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Also, I found some inspiration from the pages of my free Sport Rider subscription, such as this front fender:

And this license plate bracket:

we'll see how that pans out later.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #38
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

While I search for someone who will patch up the gashes in the frame, Ill probably replace the clutch pushrod and oil seal as well as doing what I can to work on the cosmetics of the smaller pieces.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #39
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 52 of the build

I sucked it up and just took my frame to a welders. I actually heard really good things from these guys and they charge by the 1/2 hour, not by the whole hour. Soooo, for $35 they said they'd fill in the gashed in the headtube of my frame:

Pretty disgusting, right?

So here's the awesome part. I asked them to just fill in those gashes with a couple beadsso I can grind it all down smooth again. This is what I got back:

One with my Woman in the background doing WOMAN'S WORK!

Not only did they lay down the beads but they ground it all down nice and smooth for me. The frame is ready for paint!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #40
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 56 of the build

I decided to not give up on the mufflers I cannibalized just yet. I figured I might as well keep my head down and focus on what I can while I wait for parts and paint. I'm probably gonna take my old muffler, fill in the gashes and weld it shut:

Then I cut the body of my "new" muffler down to 6" like the old one and cut the rest down accordingly:

See that restricter/baffle thing in there? Yeah, I chopped it off:

I shoved it all back together:

The packing's toast, but to hell with it. Here's a picture of the two mufflers side by side:

And Finally, a couple teaser pics of the full exhaust:

Oh yeah, here's the "new" muffler drilled and ready to get riveted. I think I'm gonna hold off until I paint it. I think flat black with little stainless rivets will look kinds cool, don't you?

Still gotta get off my ass and get those stainless steel mandrel bent pieces together for my Brother's friend Petefish. That's it for now folks.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2012 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2012 Buildoff Entry Threads