Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 - Carmen - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2012 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2012 Buildoff Entry Threads

2012 Buildoff Entry Threads All buildoff threads will be posted here, and posted in by ONLY the original poster

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 - Carmen

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #51
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:45 PM
Flip Offs: 321
Flipped Off 209 Times in 127 Posts
Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser
Default Re: Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 - Carmen

Day 79 of the build

I got a strange little package in the mail today:

SEX.

I was hesitant to get green adjusters but after seeing them I knew I made the right choice. I want pinstripes outlining the two racing stripes going down the fender and tank with these adjusters and maybe a couple other pieces complimenting it, just to make it pop a bit.

I also just found my clutch lever perch in my box of parts so I ran up the street and dropped it off with the rest of the parts to get powdercoated. Before doing so I checked to make sure my levers fit their respective perches and they do.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #52
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser

Day 81 of the build

I've been working on the subframe for my Duc Monster seat as you're all aware. I didn't want to hack that pretty little saddle up too bad so I just deleted the two brass nuts on either side of the storage compartment and am going to route the subframe on either side of the stock subframe contact points for a lower profile. It will sit lower because the stock contact points or elevated:

Oh and I also smashed the previous PVC mock subframe against a steel pipe handrail because it was bothering me. I'm making another one, and I'm drawing up the plans for the final outcome. I'm actually really excited about it, and I'll have a couple more pictures of that in a bit. Here's the first draft:
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Jackstand Johnny!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #53
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 81 of the build.

I got really sick of not seeing my engine for a month at a time so I brought it home in the back of my Jeep. I'm gonna clean it, bench test it, keep the internals moving etc. I may also pull the clutch and see if she needs some new plates. Also gotta replace the push rod and oil seal.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #54
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 83 of the build

Here's those other sketch for the subframe I was talking about:

Then I made my own ghetto light table to trace out the design for my muffler badge with an exacto knife:

It may not work at all as the tape stuck to the paper so bad I couldn't really get it to stick down to the badge. I may end up scrapping the entire idea, but we'll see when the paint dries.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #55
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 84 of the build

I started tearing into the engine:

I'm gonna replace that il seal, clutch push-rod, possibly the clutch plates and hopefully the shift star while I'm in there:

Nice and neat:

I made a thread about my clutch plates and if they needed to be replaced, please feel free to give your input. That's it for now gang. Thanks for viewing.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #56
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 88 of the build

Everything I've been doing has been strung out over the past few days. During inspection of the clutch and surrounding area, I found this little chestnut:

It hasn't been leaking any oil yet. What do yall think? Keep running it? I also finished the tag for my muffler:

It needs some touching up but it's pretty much done. While at work I got the pages from my factory service manual I printed out hole punched and put in a binder:

I also checked the tolerances for my clutch and everything's still in spec, though the clutch and springs don't have much life left on them:

I also made a tool to keep my clutch basket from rotating with the nut:

I'm gonna hold off on buying a new kit, as well as the shift star so the making the tool was pointless right now but it'll come in handy later. I plan on doing them both at once when the time comes, but right now there's still tons of parts I NEED to get her on the road.

That's all for now. I have my clutch soaking in oil and I'm just gonna button the engine back up for now. I plan on prepping it for paint soon. No point in putting a tired looking engine inside a freshly powdercoated frame, right?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #57
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Dude, read this:

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=51853

I appreciate the support, but you're like the 6th person to do this in my thread alone. Mods...well, you know.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #58
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 97 of the build.

I''m still waiting for my parts to get PC'd so in the meantime I decided to focus on painting the engine. I spent a total of around 5 hours cleaning it. Can I get away with just priming it and repainting it or should I sand the entire thing and paint over that?

I had to pull the stator cover in order to get to the clutch pushrod oil seal. It ended up being in really good shape so I'm not going to bother replacing it:

The front sprocket is gonna be a bitch to get off without the chain on it. Do you guys think it's still in good enough shape to run with a new rear sprocket and chain?

Gratuitous DW shots:

That's basically it for right now. I really need to pick up the pace here. I'm thinking it needs to be put back together by early to mid March.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2012, 05:18 AM   #59
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

I'm not tired, it's raining outside and I don't want to wait any longer:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #60
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Here it is after 3-4 coats of BBQ grill paint:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2012 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2012 Buildoff Entry Threads