Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 - Carmen - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2012 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2012 Buildoff Entry Threads

2012 Buildoff Entry Threads All buildoff threads will be posted here, and posted in by ONLY the original poster

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 - Carmen

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #61
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:35 PM
Flip Offs: 321
Flipped Off 209 Times in 127 Posts
Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser
Default Re: Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 - Carmen

Day 98 of the build

I found a few trouble spots I had to remedy on the engine. For what it's worth, I am NEVER painting another engine again. Here it is in better light, just after a new coat on the stator cover:

I want to accent it here and there with vibrant color, but Im not sure what. I'm thinking little anodized gold or green bolts would look killer.

I also have been thinking the last week or so that my parts sure have been taking a long time to come back from the PCer's so I called them. He told me it's done...I'm a little upset that I had to call him about it. Either way, here they are in all their glory:

It was $300 for the frame/swingarm/bars/shock knuckle/top triple/ misc. small bits. I am keeping an accurate record of my total budget in which I will be releasing at the end of the build. I will say this, I'm over budget by a lot and I'm not done by a long shot. I'll have more pictures of everything up very soon. Thanks for viewing and please feel free to drop by my discussion thread and give me your opinions.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Jackstand Johnny!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #62
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser

Day 102 of the build

Over the rest of the week I cleaned out all the needle bearings in the swingarm and rear shock knuckle since they had burned up grease and residual powder in them.
Before:

After:

I didn't remove them from the parts themselves for two reasons. The first being its a pain in the as, and the second being I didn't see much of a point since these pieces don't rotate much at all. Maybe 35 degrees at most in either direction.

Gratuitous swingarm shot since yall haven't seen it PC'd yet:

By the way everyone, all the PC'd parts we're done with a 10% gloss. I think it's still too shiny, but I was told the flatter finishes wouldn't work? Whatever, it looks very similar to a factory finish so I'm happy with it.

Also, I was making the process of removing the front sprocket WAY harder than it needed to be. I had no idea there was such little torque behind that 32mm nut:

I think I'm either going to blast and polish that protective plate for the clutch pushrod, or I'm going to paint it Green to match the adjusters and pinstripes I plan on putting on the bodywork. Make it POP a lil bit...nah mean?

I also fooled around and mounted my bar clamps:

I think the monochrome theme with all these semi gloss and flat Black parts are going to look pretty good together, but I don't want to over do it. In lieu of this, I've been kicking around the idea pf painting the rims gunmetal Grey to match the tank and front fender's base coat.

Well one again I think we're all caught up to speed. OH WAIT! The engine's pretty much done. I think it's good to go, but I may go over it again if I'm feeling froggy. I also took my lower triple to the PC'ers to match the upper and since he's spraying it with another customer's stuff he's only charging me $20. Well worth it considering what it would cost to ship or paint it myself. Now everything's up to speed...for real...seriously!

Thanks again for everyone's support. Stay tuned, and stay classy.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #63
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

I figured hell with it and decided to build up my rear suspension:

Threw the rear axle and adjusters on as well:

I also started putting the controls and top triple together:

For what reason I have no idea but Suzuki decided to have the brake lever perch tighten down to the handlebars with threading inside the perch itself. Pretty dumb considering it's aluminum and the bolt is steel...so that stripped out. I'm going to run a bolt and nut instead.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #64
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pause4pain View Post
Nice build, I like where this is headed. Nice powder and I Like sub frame technique pvc that's sweet. Any updates?
No updates, not even on the rules about posting in peoples build threads. Mods please delete this post as well as the above post. Hey pause, please feel free to read the fuckin build thread rules. This has gotta be the 6th time someones done this to my thread and I'm through being polite about it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #65
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 120 of the build

It's been a long time. I shouldn't have left you. Without a dope rhyme to step to.

The GSXR front end I bought off Ebay didnt come with a couple very expensive washers and they're a very strange size so I had to make my own. I found some that had too large of an O.D. and ground them down with a bench grinder:

Pretty exciting huh?

Well I also started on the rolling chassis:

I ran into a problem with the engine head spacers though. The one in the rear no longer fits into its respective collar on the frame. I checked the microfiche and there's only one part number for all three of these spacers so somethings wrong with my frame. I'm going to more than likely manually turn down the aluminum spacer using what I'm going to call a "vertical lathe".

Essentially I'm going to run a bolt through the bottom of the spacer, put the head of the bolt in the chuck of my drill press and file off material at low speed with...well...a file.

The frame is back at the powdercoaters now along with my lower triple. Somehow one side of the frame got scuffed up pretty good and I had to get it re sprayed. Its all supposed to be done today but Ill probably be asleep until after they close.

I also got these in delivered yesterday:

It's gonna be a big weekend for me.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #66
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 122 of the build.

I got my lower triple tree back from the PCer's so it was time to build up my front end:

Everything went okay until I ran into a clearance issue with my handlebars:

As you can see I still have about 10mm to go before I can fully collar the top triple on the fork tubes:

The top triple is fully seated on the stem:

If anyone can tell me where to get a good set of risers for my fat bars please PM me or post in my discussion thread.
This user High Fived Jackstand Johnny!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #67
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 125 of the build

Finally we reach the assembly portion of the build.

With all the parts needed to put together a rolling chassis I spent all day yesterday DOING WORK:

As some of you know I fucked up pretty bad and ran into issues with one of the races on my steering stem. I remedied that pretty quick with my dremel:

It's not actually cut all the way through so I think it is still possible to reuse, though I didn't need it to fit the GSXR front end into the frame. With that out of the way I finished buttoning up the front end as well as the swingarm/rear shock...

Ready for some gratuitous pictures of one sexy motherfuckin' SV650?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #68
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

I forgot I made risers...for my risers out of an aluminum L bracket I found in the dumpster:

I still gotta dress the edges a little better and paint them but they're working. I couldn't find anything thicker, and that's why I had to double up on them.

That was a few blurry drunken days ago. I went back to my Brothers today and fitted my carbs, airbox, brake calipers, exhaust, etc:

It was supposed to snow tonight so I backed Carmen into the corner where there's a little bit of roofing and covered her up. In lower light, you almost can't tell there's a bike in there:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #69
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 135 of the build.

I am not updating anything right now until photobucket stops being a fucking faggot. Apparently it's only letting me view it's mobile site on my desktop and that shit is unacceptable. Here's the motherfucking Cliff's notes of what I got done:

-Wiring harness almost done
-Steering stops almost done
-Finished exhaust
-Got primed bodywork back from my friend

Lots a good pics to be had, but blame cocksucking photobucket for not being able to view them. Later.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-23-2012, 02:26 AM   #70
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 143 of the build.

Leaps and bounds gang, leaps and bounds. I know it's been a while since my last update but I've got quite a bit done. I told yall some of the stuff in my last post, but there were no pictures so here they are now. I got the exhaust welded up and painted so it's ready to be wrapped:

I took a little to much material off at the seam and since I couldn't afford to take it back up to the welders I found a guy real close by the fix it. His name is J.B.

Here's how it looks mounted on the bike:

It sticks out a bit too much for my taste, but the important thing is I didn't re-route the rear exhaust pipe like I had to with my old under-frame setup so it should have a much more efficient flow to it and the front and rear pipes will move the exhaust gases much more efficiently.

Here it is getting painted:

Ashley left her shepherds hooks from her half ass garden behind so I'm using them to hang parts up for paint.

The finished product:

I also got my prepped bodywork back from my friend:

I haven't even had time to mock this stuff upp yet, and I probably won't. I need to figure out what shade of Grey I want ASAP so he can paint everything for me. I think I'm overthinking it...I think.

Here's how it stood as of a week or so ago:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2012 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2012 Buildoff Entry Threads