Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 - Carmen - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2012 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2012 Buildoff Entry Threads

2012 Buildoff Entry Threads All buildoff threads will be posted here, and posted in by ONLY the original poster

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 - Carmen

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-23-2012, 02:32 AM   #71
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:16 PM
Flip Offs: 321
Flipped Off 209 Times in 127 Posts
Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser
Default Re: Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 - Carmen

I had a huge breakthrough with the build today and I feel it warrants a separate post. I got the wiring harness hooked up AND THE ENGINE TURNS OVER!!! I am so proud! I honestly didn't think I could do it, but she fuckin cranked over! Here's a video:

There were a few tears of joy shed after I heard it turn over. I do have a problem though. Right now there's no exhaust on it what so ever and when I cranked the engine over, oil puked out of the rear exhaust port. What does that mean? It was brand new oil I just put in the engine before starting it up. Also, Im sure yall heard that crazy bubbling sound... is that from not having an exhaust?

Anyways that's it for right now. I've got a ton of parts on the way, but yall will just have to wait and see what they are. Thanks for viewing.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Jackstand Johnny!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-03-2012, 03:08 AM   #72
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser

Day 154 of the build.

I've been getting a lot of new parts ordered and small things done over the past week or so. I finally got around to wrapping my exhaust:

I got my new gauges in:

Along with my new mirrors:

I also made new bar risers since the two pairs of thinner ones doubled up on top of one another looked terrible. I found a thicker piece of aluminum in the trash that happened to be the exact same thickness as the two thinner plates doubled up:

I have a laundry list of things to get done this month including the subframe. I don't know if I haven't dived into making it because I'm making it a lot more difficult than what it is, or if its because I have nobody lined up to help me make it.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #73
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 155 of the build.

Today I mounted the exhaust:

I put the rest of the clutch stuff back together:

I also installed my NEW bar risers:

I think they look much cleaner.

Then I decided y'all needed to see how it was coming along NOT shoved in a shed. So I pulled it out of the cave and had a little photo shoot for it. Enjoy:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #74
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 164 of the build

Last week I brought my baby on home from my Brother's. I couldn't stand not having it near by to work on and I think it's been putting a choke on my progress:

I'll be running the Koso SR-XR digital speedo/tach. Supplied with it is a plastic bracket to mount to 7/8" bars. For those of us with fat bars dread not. I was able to bore out the 7/8" hole to accommodate 1 1/8" bars with a drill press. I used a large socket that was almost exactly 1 1/8" outer diameter:

This saved me a lot of time since I won't have to fabricate brackets from scratch.

The subframe.

The subframe has been stressing me out a lot lately. Between which material to use, not being able to source it, finding someone who can weld it for me, designing it etc. it's really been eating away at me. Taking the advice of some very helpful and knowledgeable members here(you know who you are) I said to hell with it and did work. I'm using 3/4" square mild steel tubing purchased from Home Depot. (4) 3' sections cost me less than $40. I'm a little further along than the picture, but here's the main section for the seat that I started making cuts for at work:

Also, I sent the bodywork out a couple weeks ago for paint. Here's a teaser of the paint scheme:

Don't think you're looking at the final draft either. I've got something special for her.

That's it for now Ladies and Gentlemen. I have all weekend off and I'm going to use all of it that I can to push forward with my build. Stay tuned, and thanks for viewing.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #75
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 179 of the build

It's coming down to the wire now. I have been frantically trying to get this subframe fab'd up and the bodywork painted. It looks like the racing striped idea is out, there's just no time. In loo of this I have decided to trash the idea of using a Silver or Grey entirely. If I'm gonna run a solid color I want it to POP. I've got the color selected, but yall will have to wait to see what it is. All I'll say is Skully will be proud.

On a better note, Chris(Knifemaker87) has been kind enough as to help me through my subframe build. I got up with him a couple weekends ago and I gotta say that the pictures of his CBR he has on CF just does not do it justice.

Chris hacking up the stock subframe:

Juggling the subby and seat while I act like a jackass:

Mockup:

Now here's where I got an idea for the new subframe design. Here's a pic of the stock SV subframe hacked up with the Duc seat on top:

Here's the design I had in mind:

It looks cool, but is it practical? I don't know, but I'd love to hear from yall about it. I don't really even think we'll have time to do it up like that, but I'm gonna keep it in mind for another day if not.

Today I'm heading back over to Chris' to hopefully get it all cut and tacked. Then it's off to my buddy Petefish to get it welded up and then off to my other buddy Chris to drop off my gas tank for paint. Stay tuned and thanks for viewing.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #76
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 186 of the build

We're in the final month of the build and I'm goddamn nervous. There's still so much to be done, but I would have never gotten this far without this forum, its members, and especially the help of certain members here including Randy(GSF1200R) and Chris(Knifemaker87) as well as some other who will be given a special thanks later.

That's not to say I haven't been busy since my last entry. Since then we...

Designed and fabricated a subframe(Rep Knifemaker87):

As well as started fabricating the brackets needed to mount the seat/lights etc:

Made longer headlight brackets:

Made a rear hugger and bracket adapted from a pocket bike fender(Thanks again to Chris):

Bought an excellent rear stand from Harbor Freight for $31 with the use of their 20% off coupon you can get in their ads:

Started mounting some billet aluminum vittles:

Oh and I decided to go all out and bring the sicker into my house so I could work on it 24/7, in a climate controlled area:

It really is a pleasure seeing her in my dining room like she is. Get in where you fit in. Stay tuned and thanks for viewing.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #77
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 199 of the build

Less than a week to go and there's still so much to do. Sorry for not updating this as much but I've been hauling ass trying to finish this thing and I gotta be honest, I'm doubting I'll make the deadline. It won't be for a lack of trying and I am NOT quitting on this. I will fight tooth and nail to get the bike finished by the 26th.

I got the subframe all welded up but I'm running into problems with it. I tacked the inner rear fender and during installation I found that the dimensions were off enough at the mounting points that the welds started to break as I tightened down the bolts:

Regardless, here's more pics of the subframe build:

Some of my first welds ever:

Front seat stays:

I also found out I had a bench grinder laying around:

I was gonna make a taillight:

But the cheap ebay LED strip I bought broke while I was mounting it to the body so I scrapped it and bought a light off ebay:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2012, 06:05 AM   #78
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

I also:

-Bled the front and rear brakes
-Installed just the pull throttle cable(not running a push cable)
-Removed choke cable(more on that in another thread)
-Cleaned up the wiring

Well that's it for now. I'm really hoping I don't let yall down. Much love and thanks to everyone that's helped so far. Stay tuned, and thanks for viewing.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #79
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Day 203 of the build

Im trying here gang, I really am. Here's a video walk around of the bike as of a couple days ago:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #80
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

MY giant lead acid battery won't fit in my new subframe so I went to Greenmachines for this antigravity 8 cell unit:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2012 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2012 Buildoff Entry Threads