Random thoughts... - Page 1389 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Random thoughts...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2019, 01:19 PM   #13881
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Random thoughts...

Since there's so many people interested in firearms here I'd just toss this into the air...

Every now and then I've sort of toyed with the idea of building a "Tikhar". For those who don't know what it is, it's a pneumatic rifle with an "on-board" handpump off the Metro game series. I've pretty much worked out the rough design in my head but a few areas are giving me problems. First is the trigger mechanism. The easiest way would of course be a magnet valve but I'd like the thing to be as mechanic as possible so it wouldn't stop working if the battery runs flat. Second problem with that is I'd want it to self-close after releasing a pulse of air so that if I keep the trigger down it won't purge the pressure tank. Third is I'd like it to have some sort of a magazine but got no idea how to build the loading mechanism. Of course a simple sliding hatch could make it breechload-able but how to prevent the projectile from rolling out of a downturned barrel? In the game the weapon shoots 25mm steel balls which would make massive damage given enough pressure but to make it legal here it'd have to be below 6.35mm to be considered as a bb-gun or an airsoft weapon, just with considerably higher muzzle velocity.

Ideas?

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2019, 09:26 AM   #13882
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:49 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Planning out my errands today for work and I'm realizing it's gonna take nearly all day to deliver, pick up a bunch of checks and paperwork, then go quote a couple jobs. So... I'm taking the bike today!
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2019, 11:22 AM   #13883
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post

Ideas?
Guess not. No matter I got all things thought out, just need time and a few bits to make it.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #13884
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:49 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I have ideas, was waiting til I got back to my computer to reply but forgot. A tip valve would be great for this, among other things.

Or just fighter a paintball gun instead of reinventing the wheel.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2019, 02:42 PM   #13885
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

I pretty much got it figured out, my main concern is if I can get all the finicky parts made with enough finesse so the thing won't jam after every shot.

Not gonna mod a paintball gun because "the journey is more important than the destination". Meaning I want to make this as far as possible from scrap and other stuff readily available in the garage a.k.a. as cheap as possible. It's not gonna look 100% the same as in the game but the basic principle will be the same.

What's a tip valve? Tried to google but only shows me butterfly valves which won't do. Probly gonna use an electric magnet valve and just be careful with the trigger, it's not like this will see much use, basically just want it hanging on the wall but want it to work if I choose to put holes in some cans or sth.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #13886
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:49 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Guess not. No matter I got all things thought out, just need time and a few bits to make it.
you can buy a pump up bb gun.. for like 50 bucks.. and mod that to suit? or atleast use it as a blue print/steal parts from
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #13887
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Yes I can also got to a store to buy a motorbike, but what's the fun in that

Pump-up bb:s arent really a thing here, besides not what I'm after.

This is a tikhar (well one version of it) i have a suitable pump, I have the pressure vessel and electrics, all I need to buy is a few plumbing couplers, a magnet valve and a tube for a barrel, rest can/will be hand crafted from scraps.

One goal is to possibly make it shoot airsoft pellets to maybe participate in those events later (though that would mean I also need a pressure regulator)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2019, 05:42 PM   #13888
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quoted three jobs and all of them accepted immediately. Third one was a plain spoken old vet

- " I'm gonna ask you something and I don't want a bullshit answer. How can you give me a price so much cheaper than anyone else? And how are you giving two extra years of warranty when priced so cheap?"
-" We charge enough to make an honest living. We don't have a fancy storefront, office or a fleet of new trucks to pay for. And our warranty is longer because we only put in good, reliable equipment ...and we do good work, so we don't have any failures. But if it makes you feel better I can add $1,000 to that proposal."

-" If you added a thousand bucks you'd still be beating everyone else's price. The other guy wanted $6800 and was knocking off $300 because he saw my hat (Marines). I don't like ass-kissers. When can you start on my house?"

-" We can start and finish tomorrow." ( Vets get kicked to front of the line, that's how it goes, but I didn't mention it )

-" Good. Do that then." He picks up the phone and call his daughter..." I'm sending a guy over to look at your furnace. Here's gonna give you a good price and do a good job. Call me back after he leaves."

I like this guy.

I give his daughter a price and her jaw drops. "$2700?! Everyone else has told me $7500 or higher. Are you sure you understand what I want?" We go over it all again to verify. We're doing her house on Wednesday.
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2019, 06:00 PM   #13889
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:49 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

7500 hundo seems like a lot of shit for one day.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2019, 06:30 PM   #13890
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

$7500 would equate to about $6000 worth of profit on a job that should take two guys about 6hrs. It's robbery.
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion