got bored on a sunday ....ZED - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > got bored on a sunday ....ZED

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:58 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default got bored on a sunday ....ZED

you know how it is, slow Sunday afternoon, chillin with a coffee.....surfin the net ....well that lasted an hour ......i spy a Zed ST frame through the french doors

been there for months.....well if my neighbours can have a plastic stork on a wooden bridge over a tiny pond with fish in i think i can have a disembowled zed ?

but enough was enough ......time to sort it out

cue a visit to the big pile of stuff that keeps getting in the way but i'm sure it'll come in handy one day .

a little dismantling, little grinding, and low and behold ......a mocked up rolling chassis

i'll put the original motor in...with go faster bits , so it'll fit no bother ,

to do- fit the wheel to the arm
fit the arm to the frame
monoshock frame
make yokes
fit front wheel

and a myriad of other little jobs

yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
wraithbrood
slow ass mofo
Fighterer
wraithbrood's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:58 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
wraithbrood is a name known to allwraithbrood is a name known to allwraithbrood is a name known to allwraithbrood is a name known to allwraithbrood is a name known to allwraithbrood is a name known to allwraithbrood is a name known to allwraithbrood is a name known to allwraithbrood is a name known to allwraithbrood is a name known to allwraithbrood is a name known to all
Default Re: got bored on a sunday ....ZED

you keeping the spoked wheels?

iv got a spare zx6r mono if you need one

subbed and awaiting updated
wraithbrood is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
yantosh

yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

oh yeah, spokey dokeys all the way
This user High Fived yantosh!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Mustapha dump
GURU

CF Addict
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 42 Times in 21 Posts
Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

The nice thing about the shafty frames Yan is how easy it is to fit a much wider rear end in there. I have a couple of ST frames here at the workshop. I looked at dropping a Triumph single sider in there, which is remarkably easy, although it looks like it would need either 10mm or so off the R/H side of the swinger, or a spacer behind the wheel to centre it. But then there's no issues with chain alignment and offset sprockets or scalloping the side rails like on the chaindrive frames.
The shafty motor converts to chaindrive with a simple swap of the outputshaft, a new sprocket backplate instead of the bevelbox, and a set of gaskets.

Some people are deserving candidates for postnatal abortion, the majority of the remainder are just idiots
Mustapha dump is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:58 PM
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with a zed from just sitting around

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
yantosh

but John Wayne ain't stayin on the tank

This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
yantosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustapha dump View Post
The nice thing about the shafty frames Yan is how easy it is to fit a much wider rear end in there. I have a couple of ST frames here at the workshop. I looked at dropping a Triumph single sider in there, which is remarkably easy, although it looks like it would need either 10mm or so off the R/H side of the swinger, or a spacer behind the wheel to centre it. But then there's no issues with chain alignment and offset sprockets or scalloping the side rails like on the chaindrive frames.
The shafty motor converts to chaindrive with a simple swap of the outputshaft, a new sprocket backplate instead of the bevelbox, and a set of gaskets.

hmmmm.....i have a triumph arm in the loft , got the new sprocket back plate , and a full new gearbox, i'll post pics
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
Mustapha dump
GURU

CF Addict
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 42 Times in 21 Posts
Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
but John Wayne ain't stayin on the tank

The Hell I ain't!!!

Some people are deserving candidates for postnatal abortion, the majority of the remainder are just idiots
Mustapha dump is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mustapha dump!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:58 PM
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

i love john wayne long live the duke

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived gsf1200R!
The Following User Says F-U to gsf1200R For This Post:
Smoker (03-28-2013)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #10
yantosh

found some pics, taken a while ago so details are sketchy

please bear in mind i normaly stay outside the motor

i got a new outputshaft , thought i could swap the gears over, but the new output shaft has a bigger dia

so i put all the gears back on the new shaft and put them back in the cases, needs bearings to suit

does this look on any way right Bill ?

the output shaft pops out through the sprocket back plate

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes