RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller - Page 12 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2015, 01:34 PM   #111
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Still working on obtaining the aluminum to brace the frame.

In the mean time, I scored a tank plug. Should receive it in about a week.

I saw 3 RZ500 tanks for sale. Two were around $800 and one was $2,000. Fucking crazy!!

I was lucky to snag a rusted out tank from an RZ500 mechanic in the midwest. Got it for $138 shipped and not complaining.

I was going to try a Ducati or MVA tank, but the frame shape is not even close. So, my idea is to mod the OEM plug tank. Will probably cut out the front for a steering damper mount and ignition key, plus relocate and change the fuel cap.

The tank plug will be used to make a tank cover or monocoque body with a fuel cell underneath.

Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-29-2015, 05:18 AM   #112
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Trying to get the titanium suspension parts done.

Also working on a theme with some of the hardware.

Aluminum magnetic oil drain bolt:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2015, 03:45 AM   #113
Smoker
BLACK BELT

I don't want my roller on naked wheels.

Working on suspension parts this weekend.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2015, 12:58 PM   #114
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Got a cheap upper triple from ebay to use temporarily.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2015, 11:10 PM   #115
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 310
Flipped Off 172 Times in 148 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

The tank plug will be used to make a tank cover or monocoque body with a fuel cell underneath.
Plug as in carbon or fiberglass?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2015, 01:08 AM   #116
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Plug as in carbon or fiberglass?
Well, I'm calling the rusted tank "the plug".

I'd like to modify the shape of this steel tank, and use it to make a mold for a carbon tank cover or monocoque.

That way, I don't have to start from scratch.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2015, 03:24 AM   #117
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Sat down to take measurements for the new suspension parts - and decided to change the design.

The long M10 titanium bolt I bought is 20mm too short for the new design. Fine for replicating an OEM length bolt - but now I need another one.

The titanium relay arm bushings I made are also too short for the new design. They are OEM size. Need to buy raw titanium and remachine those.

The raw titanium I bought to make the M10 bushings and tube nut is too small in diameter for the new design. Need to buy larger titanium and machine those parts.

The OEM M10 bushings are 35mm, but the bore length is only 25mm - plus the bushing sits over 1.5mm out of the bore - so the contact area is just over 23mm.

The M10 bushings I designed are supported for the full length (40mm) and have 2 different O.D.s.

Not sure everything will work out, but we'll see.

Ordering more supplies now.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2015, 10:59 PM   #118
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Got the titanium to cut new suspension bushings. Also got the M10 x 240 titanium bolt for the linkage.

Picked up an oil filler bolt to match the oil drain bolt. Had to machine off the logos and will polish that part.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2015, 01:49 AM   #119
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 310
Flipped Off 172 Times in 148 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

I'm so lost on your build at this point. Now I'm just here to oogle over the bling parts

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2015, 02:28 AM   #120
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
I'm so lost on your build at this point. Now I'm just here to oogle over the bling parts
The main things I want to do now are adding the 1 inch tubing to the frame, which includes chopping and moving the subframe; making the modified titanium rear suspension pieces; and doing custom triples with a steering dampener. Plus, getting other necessary parts for the roller.

Somehow I started getting a few nuts with that cut-out design. So, now if I see any nuts or bolts I can use with that cut-out design - I grab those too. Even if they're not strictly for the roller.

My builds are unplanned and very unorganized. My hope is that if I keep making parts - eventually there will be enough parts for a whole motorcycle!
This user High Fived Smoker!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes