RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller - Page 14 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #131
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:29 PM
Flip Offs: 488
Flipped Off 214 Times in 150 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Dream on. My Benjamins are hard-earned and my job sucks ass.

If I fuck up at my job - somebody's gonna die. Probably right in front of me.

Let's stay focused on the bike.
one of my best friends has a job similar to this.. the pay is incredible but the stress is out of this world. she takes regular unpaid leave just to chill out.

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived n0regret5!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #132
doublemcchicken
Noobie
Local Time: 08:29 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
doublemcchicken is a good noobiedoublemcchicken is a good noobie

My job sucks. If only it paid enough for some fancy carbon fibre wheels. Just screwin'. Awesome stuff happening here!
doublemcchicken is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived doublemcchicken!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2015, 08:51 PM   #133
HickLife
GURU
CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:29 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Let's stay focused on the bike.

I guess everyone missed this part lol

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived HickLife!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2015, 05:48 AM   #134
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:29 PM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Here's the swingarm I have now. It's an R6 arm converted for the RZV500.

I think RGVSteve said he's done around 70 of these, but he's not doing bikes anymore (just space ships).

I've had this for a few years. It's beautiful and it's not been mounted since the conversion. If I get a full custom swingarm I might be able to make some profit on the R6 arm.

Now, I would do the R6 arm conversion myself. You can see from the pics, it's not super difficult. The pivot width is cut down and has a smaller bushing for the RZV pivot bolt. The ends of the pivot are also turned down for o-rings and end caps. The linkage mounts are welded on the bottom, and the shock hole is sealed up.

I told Steve I want the shock hole open because it looks cool and it's lighter. He said - "If there's no shock there, the hole HAS to be sealed.

I didn't argue with him.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2015, 09:41 AM   #135
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 310
Flipped Off 172 Times in 148 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

I wonder why he said it had to be sealed. I wonder if maybe he wanted all his stuff to be exactly the same.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2015, 01:03 PM   #136
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
I wonder why he said it had to be sealed. I wonder if maybe he wanted all his stuff to be exactly the same.
Maybe, he is insane anal about details - that's why he's so popular. Plus, he's a great engineer.

Somebody who can weld good and do basic machine work could step into the market left by Steve. It's mostly swingarm conversions and front end swaps. Not custom triples, he liked to do stem swaps and machine spacers to fit. The work he did isn't complicated, but it was high quality.

I know there are guys on this site that can do this kind of stuff all day.

Now - off to the machine shop. Some small parts are ready.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-15-2015, 07:27 AM   #137
Smoker
BLACK BELT

OEM size and custom size titanium relay arm bushings done.

The custom bushings are a precision fit and the left and right are a few thousands different in length. The OD is sized for roller bearings.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2015, 02:17 PM   #138
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Not sure about this head tube crown nut, but I'll keep working on it.

Got the drawings finished for the linkage special bolt and nut, and stepped bushings. Can hardly wait to see if my design works out.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2015, 02:36 PM   #139
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:29 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Your builds are full of fetish...

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rex_saugerty!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #140
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Titanium bolts came in for the front rotors.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes