RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller - Page 15 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2015, 10:45 PM   #141
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:16 PM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Titanium bolts came in for the front rotors.

DAMMMMM!

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ROBBO!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2015, 10:48 PM   #142
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:16 PM
Flip Offs: 189
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

When are the carbon fiber rotors going on?

Or... titanium rotors?
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2015, 01:06 AM   #143
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
When are the carbon fiber rotors going on?

Or... titanium rotors?
I was looking at these, but for the street - the rotors I got will stop faster.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/252173185629?_mwBanner=1

I don't think titanium is a good material for rotors.

And those carbon rotors are fugly and overpriced.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2015, 06:55 PM   #144
G-relk
Neeeeeeeeeeeeerd
Fighter In Training
G-relk's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:16 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
G-relk is a glorious beacon of lightG-relk is a glorious beacon of lightG-relk is a glorious beacon of lightG-relk is a glorious beacon of lightG-relk is a glorious beacon of lightG-relk is a glorious beacon of lightG-relk is a glorious beacon of lightG-relk is a glorious beacon of lightG-relk is a glorious beacon of lightG-relk is a glorious beacon of lightG-relk is a glorious beacon of light

I dunno, I kinda like the Carbon rotors. Would give a very unique look, if nothing else.

Those wheels are gorgeous though. Saw a set in real life recently, and they look even better than they do in photos.
G-relk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2015, 08:51 PM   #145
nixnix
Fighter
nixnix's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
nixnix is a glorious beacon of lightnixnix is a glorious beacon of lightnixnix is a glorious beacon of lightnixnix is a glorious beacon of lightnixnix is a glorious beacon of lightnixnix is a glorious beacon of lightnixnix is a glorious beacon of lightnixnix is a glorious beacon of lightnixnix is a glorious beacon of lightnixnix is a glorious beacon of light

Looking Good!

RG500 Naked Streetfighter Project
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ighlight=rg500

November 2012 Fighter of the Month Entry - RZR350 Flying Tiger
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=61392
nixnix is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2015, 12:45 PM   #146
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-relk View Post
I dunno, I kinda like the Carbon rotors. Would give a very unique look, if nothing else.

Those wheels are gorgeous though. Saw a set in real life recently, and they look even better than they do in photos.
The carbon rotors don't look so good when they're used.

The main issue with carbon rotors is they have a much higher operating temp than steel. Even MotoGP bikes run steel rotors in the rain, because the carbon-carbon rotors won't heat up. There's no way I'm going to get carbon-ceramic rotors up to temp on the street. There's also very limited pad selection and availability.
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2015, 12:55 PM   #147
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Really good news or really bad news!!

Finally received a reply about the one-off swingarm:

"Sorry for the delay, thank you for your message and greetings,*
We can manufacture a swinging arm for you no problem, however for us to guarantee our work and fitment we would need the wheel you would be using and also the frame in house for us to measure up and work around,"

Shipping the RZV frame halfway around the world and back sounds risky and expensive. (Although, it did come to me from Japan.) Forget shipping the BST carbon wheel - that isn't happening.

There may be a chance that I could find a used '06-'07 OEM R6 wheel, already in England. Finding an RZV frame in England to borrow (rent for cash) might be more difficult or expensive than shipping the actual frame.

Not sure what to do ATM. I know I could figure out how to make it myself, but I want to get these projects done before I'm too old or too hurt to ride!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2015, 05:12 AM   #148
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Got the titanium cush drive pins.

Unfortunately, the titanium nuts are another fuck up. Of course the nuts from china are some bullshit size and they don't fit into the recess in the sprocket.

Machining them down to size will probably cost as much as nice titanium nuts from ProBolt.

Fuck me.

At this point, I just expect things to go wrong. But, I'll push on through.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2015, 07:27 AM   #149
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:16 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

at least my fuck ups are on me, no luck chief , sure you'll sort it out
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-26-2015, 03:49 AM   #150
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Saw the (4) titanium and (2) extra steel linkage parts today, and they look and fit really well. There will be zero play or looseness when assembled. The last 1/2 inch of the bolt needs to be lightly tapped in with a small ball peen hammer and a beautifully machined delrin drift.

One bushing needs a slight adjustment, and the new "special bolt" needs to be shaved down a bit. The parts will be finished on Saturday.

Next will be titanium relay arms.
This user High Fived Smoker!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes