Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

2011 Buildoff is coming to a close!

9K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  gsx-R1/750 
#1 ·
It was a long winter, but these couple spring months have been flying by! We're only 12 days out from the close of this years winter build off!

There are a few builds in particular that I have been keeping my eyes on, and a couple that surprised me out of nowhere.

Take some time to look thru the buildthreads and see who has accomplished what, some of the fabwork is quite impressive!

Kudos to everyone thus far, and a big boot in the ass for everyone who's dragging their feet :D

Knuckle up fuckers, this things coming to a close so you all can get out and ride those machines this year!

:metal:

#6 ·
I think I'd have a great chance of finishing - if I wasn't going on vacation for a week starting this Monday. :(

I'm gonna DW until I leave, but after that I'll only have 3 nights (5/24, 5/25, 5/26) to get it done. There's a lot of little stuff left to do, so I don't think the bike will be rideable by Thursday night. Running, probably yes. Rideable, probably not. :(

I'm going to be at/near Deal's Gap for a week though, that kinda makes up for it! :D

#14 ·
Yep, mine hasn't moved in a while. It will be done for FFW though! Props to Knifemaker!

#15 ·
Mine has been done for about a month, been on the road, and put Atleast a 1000 miles on it.. I just never dated my damn build thread, PLUS I couldn't update it because my laptop took a shit. I could finish the build thread but the "proof of date in the picture" rule would be broken. Can't have that.

#18 ·
Good on all of ya for even attempting it.

#19 ·
Well everyone wish AB a happy birthday cuz this buildoff has come to a close! That means its officially riding season here in North America and your rides should be together for fightering! (or getting close lol, i know mines not done yet either haha).

I'll take a look thru later on, and get together a poll for the people's choice award, and myself and my esteemed colleagues ( :drinks: ) will be having a look and choosing our favorite as well!

THANK YOU ( +rep ) to everyone for participating, you give us all inspiration and insight with your builds....and something to keep us entertained during the winter months! So High Five to each and everyone of you.

For those of you who didnt finish, let me know and I can move your build thread to the Members Build sections if you wish.

Good work to everyone, there was some really exciting work going on this year, and we had some builders come out of the woodwork and really impress us!

:cfrocks:

#21 ·
That's why I don't enter. Between owning and running my own business and having three kids aged 7 and under, I'm lucky to steal a couple hours here and there and now that it's summer I'll be riding in those couple hours here and there.

Reactions: die-garage-666
#22 ·
:doh: My original intention of entering the buildoff was to motivate me :D it did somewhat but at the end it just got depressing :gback: Some awesome builds guys LOVE IT cheers :winko:

#23 ·
CRAP!
i totally forgot to put my last post in. the date slipped up on me. did i need to post that i was done or something? i was going to have a list of specs and stuff. is there anyway to squeeze that in?

I mean.. i have a ridable bike, but i am no-where near done with it.

and there is no way i could win by default. there is way too much good work in the build-off for that.

#29 ·
I was going to take mine to the edge of the woods, but the past 3 days of rain has made the yard soup :(

So me and knifemaker made it who else finished?

#33 ·
need my vfr fighter thread moved over if possible :), sorry havnt updated it in a while been soo busy with work,
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE my vote goes to 86bronco already with his gt550! lol as i wanna build a kettle 750 project now after seeing it! DAM YOU! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.