GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650 - Page 12 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2019, 09:41 AM   #111
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:00 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650

it is his
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2019, 03:00 PM   #112
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:00 AM
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

got my new swinngding in the mail.
from a 2014 ninja ex 300. swing pivot was a tad skinny.

got the old poopy stuff out

made spacers

chain is close....

need rear sets.
weld tabs for shocks.
get long chain somehow somewhere.

bout to make my mind up on a TIG machine. to finish this up then sell it.
moving soon. tryng to move these bikes out and have 1 grand project after I move.
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived rabies!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2019, 04:47 PM   #113
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

I hope you have better luck than I did with my 78 KZ400 resto-turd.

I used an EX250 rear swing arm and wheel, and while it slid right into the frame at the pivot point, the sprockets were about 20mm apart from lining up.

Got a 20mm offset front sprocket made, and then the chain wanted to occupy the same place as the left shock. The plan now is for a mono shock conversion. I also need to clearance the inside of the frame for the chain.

It's been on the back burner for awhile since I have a few other projects, and also because I don't have a welder or the skills to use one properly.

Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2019, 02:51 PM   #114
rabies

Senior Fighterer
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Re: GOLDEN TRASH 78 KZ650

iv ran out of luck now until I spend more $ :/

made them sweet gems from some 1/4"ish" plate I had
before:

after many moments later of pain. plasma cutter would be nice
after:

had good momentum with no distractions.
had great idea and worked it. got it welded up.

then I forgot...the caliper. other side. I put the caliper on. will the side spring thing work now? NOOO! yOU IDIOOT!

GOOD THING MY WELDS ARE AS GOOD AS WET CARDBOARD...
110V ARC welder
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2019, 11:32 PM   #115
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:00 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Well, we can't win them all buddy. Just keep plugging away until it works out
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 12:40 AM   #116
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Move the caliper under the swingarm
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #117
rabies

Senior Fighterer

got the new tire. easy to put on myself.
pretty wide tire for a ninja ex300 wheel.

had the same idea that fighteverything has.
I just have to make some kind of mount bracket that keeps it from spinning.
the only issue with this now is the chain tensioning, it has to be spot on.
original spot has a slider in the caliper mount bracket.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 12:24 PM   #118
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:00 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

what size tire?

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 12:29 PM   #119
rabies

Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
what size tire?
160/60/17
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 12:37 PM   #120
rabies

Senior Fighterer

so I need a longer chain. I believe 6 links.

oem KZ650 chain is 102. I need about 108.

ninja chain is 520
kz is 530

I bought a 520(should still fit) with 110 links.
cut off link use master? simple enough. I think I did this same procedure long time ago with the 79 kz750 R1 newb build

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes