hello its me again. KLX 250 wheels - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion

General Streetfighter Discussion Discussions about streetfighter riding.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > hello its me again. KLX 250 wheels

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-04-2019, 01:40 PM   #1
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:34 AM
Flip Offs: 1,383
Flipped Off 37 Times in 33 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold
Default hello its me again. KLX 250 wheels

i have a 78 kz750 with stock rear wheel. which is 18"

the front wheel is 06 ninja(and forks)

I might buy a cheap wrecked 09 klx250 SF
has supermoto wheels. which are 17" front and back. wire wheels

would 17" front and rear look funny on a fighter 78 kz650??
they have street tires on them too.
can use swing arm and brakes and even forks. all plastics are destroyed. then sell motor if it runs and make my $ back

rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rabies!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-04-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 07:34 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: hello its me again. KLX 250 wheels

If you can get your money back on the engine, then why have you not already bought it?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-04-2019, 04:41 PM   #3
rabies

Senior Fighterer
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

2hrs away and working everyday.
was wondering if those wheels would function right for this bike?
kz sm?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2019, 02:54 AM   #4
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 07:34 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

As for looks, I think it's fine. Better than a mismatched pair.

You can have issues with big calipers clearing wire spokes at the front.

If they don't work on this build they'll work on the next one.

Get it bought.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #5
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:34 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I imagine you can make them fit, it'll most likely require some custom spacers etc

although it may take a fair amount of work up front... see if you can find what the KLX axle size is, and what the ZX6 axle size is. If the KLX uses a smaller axle that makes things tricky.

and yes, there may be clearance issues between the spokes and caliper.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #6
rabies

Senior Fighterer

will use the whole swingarm and wheel. the front already has ninja forks.
was just wondering if 17" wheels would look awkward on this bike.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #7
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:34 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

well you already have a 17" front, but that doesn't mean that it'll be easy to adapt the spoked wheel to your forks

what size is the current rear?

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2019, 02:03 PM   #8
rabies

Senior Fighterer

but what if... I take the ninja forks off and put on the whole klx forks.....
might do that. ..

kz frame and motor.....klx swinger and forks with wheelset.
no wheel adapting and spacers etc.. hopefully the klx forks are sufficient for street for a 750cc.

ninja forks can go on the bobber ??
(the other kz-ish)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2019, 01:55 PM   #9
rabies

Senior Fighterer

incase anyone is wondering and to end a thread in a happy way.
I went and got it last night....late last night
These people High Fived rabies!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion