Leroy's XT500Retro - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Leroy's XT500Retro

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 08:08 PM   #31
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:46 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Leroy's XT500Retro

Got the engine to the welder today. I should have news tomorow...
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Leroy!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2019, 10:14 PM   #32
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I was luky, I've found a pair new, original exhaust valves, from a guy how had old stock of Yamaha parts.

The new valves fited, assembled again the engine, cheked timing, adjusted the chain tensioner and I'm almost ready to go.
The welder build the anchor points from the base. The slider fits realy good. I left some other bits to finish. I might get them tomorrow.

I hope I can finish this weekend the basics and go for a second -a little longer- test ride...
These people High Fived Leroy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2019, 08:56 PM   #33
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

I got the bits from the welder. Finished the box for the CDI by adding some tabs and the tow rear fenders are done too.

Assembled the basics of the bike and did a small test ride.
No seat or handlebar grips. No taill light or CDI box and no mufler - man that bitch was loud!
It was the best 1 minute of my life! like I haven't ever ride!
The video was taken in 3 parts, so I joined the video but imgur doesn't allow videos more than 30sec.
So here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thdOEEDzP7Y

Tomorrow I will start with the primer to all the remaining part that need to be paint.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #34
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Sprayed the parts an let it dry

Done two holes under the swingarm and added threaded rivets inserts

With my special tool

And that's how the rear fender is mounted more or less

Next is paint on the parts....
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 07:41 PM   #35
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Paint is done

Tomorrow it will be on the bike!
And just because mini motos need some love too

My kids told me that they want to ride their bike this weekend. I coulden't say no
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2019, 06:34 PM   #36
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

The electric compoments are in the box. I only need a flasher for led indicators

A friend make a gift to me

It's an original DNA miniature air filter. I'm thinking to use it as a crank case breather. I'm just not sure about the color...

Anyway the rear fenders, tail light and the box for the electrics are on the bike.
The wiring is hidden in the tube of the big fender and travels all the way to the front, among with the rear brake line.
I had take pictures of it but I erase those accidentally. I will take some new tomorrow.
Everything is bolted on the bike except the big fender. I want to buy some black bolts to finish that too.

Enough talking, time to post some pics of the bike

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-09-2019, 08:29 PM   #37
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

So, the wires for the tail light going all the way back alongside with the brake line

Then in to the tube

And the end is coming out from here

Fixed in place the battery

And opened a path for the indicator wires

I had a spear 4-way connector set to power up the tail light

But when I saw the connector I remebered that I had the same 3-way connector somewere

Trashed the old pins and in with the new

The cost for a new oil filer cap is 27 euros
I realy didn't want to buy any.
So with a litle cuting and sanding it turned from this

To this

So many details to take care... But I geting there
I went the seat to redo it for me. Tomorrow I should have it in my hands
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #38
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Bought some black ergal bolts to replace those I had to the mudguards

And made a aluminium tab to keep the tail light wires away from the rubber

The seat is done. Got it back and two hours ago I left the bike to a workshop to make an exhaust midpipe.

And a small walk around video

https://youtu.be/8q5PrtNrzbs
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-14-2019, 06:39 PM   #39
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Got the bike back with the midpipe on

I still need to make the mounts for the front mudguard and rear indicators to get the bike for inspection
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #40
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Got the last parts I need to finish the bike
Four aluminium cylinders to make the brackets of the front fender
Two teflon inserts for the rear indicators
And one aluminium connector for the crankcase breather filter

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads