Honda Hornet 599 Retro-Fighter - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Honda Hornet 599 Retro-Fighter

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2020, 11:34 PM   #11
JAGspeed

Fighter
JAGspeed's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:25 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Honda Hornet 599 Retro-Fighter

I decided to keep the exhaust system more traditional. The stock system exited through the swingarm and out under the seat. When I bought the bike there was an aftermarket carbon muffler and slip on pipe in a box with some other miscellaneous parts. I basically cut the stock pipe under the bike just after the collector. I cut the aftermarket pipe and used the bends to route it out the side and to the muffler. I tack welded it together and made a bracket off the foot peg mount to secure it. I still have to remove the whole system and finish welding it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CB  exhaust a.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	786.3 KB
ID:	107636   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB  exhaust b.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	860.1 KB
ID:	107638   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB  exhaust d.jpg
Size:	836.0 KB
ID:	107640  
JAGspeed is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived JAGspeed!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2020, 10:26 PM   #12
JAGspeed

Fighter
JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

I took care of some details on the seat. Made a mount for the front of the seat out of plastic and attached it to the fiberglass then cut a rectangle hole in the frame for it to slide into. I glassed in a couple of nuts tacked to a bar to the back inside of the seat and made a mount on the frame to secure it with 2 bolts. I glued several layers of foam to the base and shaped it with a knife and different sanders. Just need to get it covered.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CB seat mnt a.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	769.1 KB
ID:	107718   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB seat mnt d.jpg
Size:	699.3 KB
ID:	107720   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB seat mnt c.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	552.3 KB
ID:	107722   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB seat mnt b.jpg
Size:	935.2 KB
ID:	107724   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB seat e.jpg
Size:	823.2 KB
ID:	107726  

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-20-2020, 11:51 PM   #13
JAGspeed

Fighter

Pulled the bike apart so I could start painting all the components. Since the original Nighthawk was blacked out there was plenty to paint and powdercoat. I sent several parts to PC. I painted the engine and frame as well as some parts. I wanted to black out the forks but anodizing wasn't in the budget and I was concerned that paint would easily scratch so I had this idea to used large shrink wrap to cover them. It work pretty well only had to paint a small section on the fork to allow it to pass through the triple clamp. I also installed heavier springs and oil in the forks to stiffen up the front end.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CB  frame a.jpg
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	107812   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB  frame b.jpg
Size:	871.3 KB
ID:	107814   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB engine b.jpg
Size:	4.92 MB
ID:	107816   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB  fork a.jpg
Size:	848.7 KB
ID:	107818   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB  fork b.jpg
Size:	746.0 KB
ID:	107820  

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2020, 11:51 PM   #14
JAGspeed

Fighter

Going back together lots of stuff blacked out. Bodywork going to paint this week. Hope to have it done before the end of the month.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CB assy a.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	830.3 KB
ID:	107934   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB assy b.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	887.1 KB
ID:	107936   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB assy c.jpg
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	107938  
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2020, 11:26 PM   #15
JAGspeed

Fighter

Taking care of some details while everything is at paint. Added grips, levers and mirrors. Did some mods to the chain guard. I also got my seat back from upholstery.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CB levers a.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	783.1 KB
ID:	107988   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB mirror a.jpg
Size:	837.5 KB
ID:	107990   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB chain grd a.jpg
Size:	978.3 KB
ID:	107992   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB seat f.jpg
Size:	774.2 KB
ID:	107994   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB seat g.jpg
Size:	843.9 KB
ID:	107996  

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2020, 11:40 PM   #16
JAGspeed

Fighter

All back together after paint. I cleaned up the exhaust some. I also made 2 filler panels under the rear of the tank. Mounted front turn signals and integrated rear turn signals at the bottom corners inside of the tail light. Just need to take care of some minor details a call it done.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CB Final a.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	108140   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB Final b.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	108142   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB Final c.jpg
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	108144   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB Final d.jpg
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	108146   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB Final e.jpg
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	108148  

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2020, 09:25 PM   #17
JAGspeed

Fighter

Here is a breakdown of the cost of everything. Probably the cheapest cost wise of any bike I've ever done.

-2006 Honda CB600F $800
-CB700S Fuel tank $200
-CB700S Tail section $100
-Mirrors $20
-Levers $25
-Grips $15
-Gas cap $25
-Fuel petcock $20
-Fork Springs $75
-Fork seals & oil $45
-Rear tire $115
-Decals $50
-Seat Cover $140
-Powder coating $150
-Paint $600
-Misc. supplies $100

-Total ------ $2480
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2020, 09:45 PM   #18
JAGspeed

Fighter

Some pics of the finished bike. Runs great too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CB Final 1b.jpg
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	108396   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB Final 1e.jpg
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	108398   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB Final 1f.jpg
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	108400   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB Final 1g.jpg
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	108402   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB Final 1a.jpg
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	108404  

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2020, 08:57 PM   #19
JAGspeed

Fighter

Link to Video of the bike running

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads