Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Titans XSR900 project MWIGTKM discussion

3K views 37 replies 8 participants last post by  titan 
#1 ·
I know I shouldn't but there you go. Can't remain stock for ever...

Don't tell SWMBO I promised to not touch it

#2 ·
so it would appear i have divided the XSR fans with the new light :D:D:D

lets see if i can set them on fire with a few other bits :fu::fu::fu::fu:

divided suggest its 50% that just isnt good enough i need 100% haters to be satisfied

#4 ·
the OME light is about as useful as a candle too, sit to far from the bike and also doesnt fit in with my plan so had to go

#5 ·
I think the light goes well with the bike, not the neo retro. I do have to say the adjustable brackets really stand out against the black. I know they’re adjustable, but once you have settled on your position, you may consider making some less conspicuous version. Or black them out.
Cheers, Zweihammer

#6 ·
Yep they going to be powder coated with all the other bits once I fished playing with them

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Haven't watched the video because satellite internet and storms don't mix, but I very much like the number boards. Very, very nice! [emoji106]

Are those stock fasteners?
Yes mate, the XSR come with some little plate on there so a fairly easy swap

Reactions: bonehead
#9 ·
Thanks for the ECU heads up, watched your video and saw how yours is mounted, thinking about modifying my airbox for a similar install.

Had to look up what graves plates were, bit of a work to get to them, do you think that they will make any difference, apart from losing the weight?

Nice to see a new bike being moulded into YOUR bike. :rock:

#10 ·
Thanks for the ECU heads up, watched your video and saw how yours is mounted, thinking about modifying my airbox for a similar install.

Had to look up what graves plates were, bit of a work to get to them, do you think that they will make any difference, apart from losing the weight?

Nice to see a new bike being moulded into YOUR bike. :rock:
Hi mate and thanks,

The graves plate make a bit of difference already in that the popping has stop on the deceleration and throttle is a little smoother, but I won't know for sure till it's re-map. The biggest thing it does is makes the A/F mix more accurate when tuning so we will see.

Reactions: bonehead
#12 ·
Thanks mate. The light looked ok but just can't get it any further back towards the forks and it sort of stand out to far. I think the number board route is the way to go a bit like wasp the original XSR

#13 ·
I had the same/similar issue on my build though not a motard. I ended up with an 5 and 3/4 inch LED light without a bucket and it now sits almost flush with the bottom triple. Its a sealed unit with threaded holes top and bottom for mounting. With the motard look the light would be higher and i think its doable.
https://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136760

#15 ·
I think the light itself looks just fine, but the aluminum brackets do stand out pretty good. Blacking them out could help it blend in to the bike better.

But I'm up for the number plate, too. [emoji106]
I'll probably still send the brackets off to be PC with everything else no harm in having a few options [emoji1787]

#17 ·
The brute force method [emoji23]. I actually drilled my bench used some spacers and made a very crude bender with some tube I had. Ok for bar no good for pipe or tube. Think a proper bender will be on the cards soon

#18 ·
Cheers, I've got to do some bar bending for a fire guard I'm fabricating soon and was hoping you had a secret. :D brute force it is then!

#19 ·
Number plate is looking real good, Titan. A few questions, though.

Are you going to run a hi and lo beam? The light you have looks similar to one I used in the past. Mine was very bright, but didn't throw light very far. Would be a fine low beam, but would need a better hi beam to go along with it. The exact light you have maybe much better than the cheapo I used, though.

What are the yellow dots under the light?

On the rad cover, mine is a flat piece of ally to make the frame with a sheet of expanded metal riveted in place, then the center emblem is riveted to the mesh. It's much sturdier than it's looks suggest. Just a thought in case you decide not to outsource that job. I wouldn't be up for drilling all those holes either.

https://www.ebay.com/i/254077866114?chn=ps

Edit: Sorry man. Somehow I missed post #20 :oops: I love what you did on the frame work on that light setup. Top notch work man.

#20 ·
Number plate is looking real good, Titan. A few questions, though.

Are you going to run a hi and lo beam? The light you have looks similar to one I used in the past. Mine was very bright, but didn't throw light very far. Would be a fine low beam, but would need a better hi beam to go along with it. The exact light you have maybe much better than the cheapo I used, though.

What are the yellow dots under the light?

On the rad cover, mine is a flat piece of ally to make the frame with a sheet of expanded metal riveted in place, then the center emblem is riveted to the mesh. It's much sturdier than it's looks suggest. Just a thought in case you decide not to outsource that job. I wouldn't be up for drilling all those holes either.

https://www.ebay.com/i/254077866114?chn=ps
Thanks shiny. The lights are ok I have a similar one I could swap out for it if needs be that has flood and spot beam. Hi a low is an issue but I don't plan on many night rides with it [emoji23]. The two little lights are for the parking light/ side light. I was going to have one as that the other as a low then the big light as high beam but I'll see what it like once I start wiring it all up.

I really want to make my own grill may take that approach and just get the logo cut and fix it on some drilled plate. Can buy a cheap on on eBay for about £20

See how it goes

#24 ·
Running a front guard Titan?:confused:

or that what the rad, rad guard is for?
Yeh I'll be running a small one but the guard is there to stop most of the crap from the radiator.

Just trying to figure it out at the moment. Talking to my mate maybe 3d print one?

Reactions: ROBBO
#26 ·
I'll have a dig out. Need to get on with some fibre glass as it's something I haven't done before

#30 ·
The larger front guard, yet still small, suits better I think.

Is that more of your newly acquired TIGing on the brackets?

What if you lost the lower section of the headlight mount, which appears to be for adjustment, might make it look a bit sleeker?

Have you thought of entering your other bike, the bin find, into the build off, will help keep you busy and potentially fill two podium positions.:D :D :D

#31 ·
The larger front guard, yet still small, suits better I think.

Is that more of your newly acquired TIGing on the brackets? no welding on the brackets, i haven't attempted ally yet with the tig

What if you lost the lower section of the headlight mount, which appears to be for adjustment, might make it look a bit sleeker? yep probably to much adjustment, i'm just lazy at the moment, i will probably make some more sleeker ones later on

Have you thought of entering your other bike, the bin find, into the build off, will help keep you busy and potentially fill two podium positions.:D :D :D, my bank balance will not allow for two bikes in the build off, maybe next year
see above :fu::D:D

#34 ·
Hey, sorry to hear of your spill, doesn't look to bad, have any on lookers ?

Not taking the piss... but, is it some sort of strange initiation that you guys do, like a secret handshake, to join the dropped the new pride and joy club?
Hahaha it's a rule over here, if you make a street fighter that didn't start out as a dropped bike then you have to drop it before it can be called complete or it's not a true street fighter

#35 ·
This is laugh out loud funny,

as funny as Mongooses comment on daves height and happiness situation.

Good to see a pic from someone outside, at first I thought that they were all your bikes!

Are you pleased with the bike? or is this just stage 1 of whatever.

Nice work.

#36 ·
This is laugh out loud funny,

as funny as Mongooses comment on daves height and happiness situation.

Good to see a pic from someone outside, at first I thought that they were all your bikes!

Are you pleased with the bike? or is this just stage 1 of whatever.

Nice work.
Not sure yet, so far I have noticed a few thing I'll change if I keep it but not sure I will. Already looking [emoji38]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.