'05 ZX-10R Build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > New Member Introductions (For Noobs!)

New Member Introductions (For Noobs!) Are you new here? Just want to say hi? This is a great place to introduce yourself or ask beginner questions.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > '05 ZX-10R Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
njsleight
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 11:59 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
njsleight is a NOOB
Default '05 ZX-10R Build

Well after 2 years, I'm back to CF but this time with a bike I am willing to put the effort into!

Picked up this beaut today, a 2005 ZX-10R with 10k miles on it.

I picked it up from a local bike shop's owner. Guess it was stripped outside of his shop one night but has never been down. Win for me I guess!

Subframe has been cut (Came with a solo seat tail that I removed for the picture)

Has anyone seen a steering damper like this before? As you can tell from the pictures, it needs a new mount...

When I sat on the bike, looking down the forks, it almost looks as if the front part of the frame isn't straight but it's hard to tell... Anyone have any experience with ZX-10s and know if the intake is not completely straight?

Mechanically the bike seems sound, just need to figure out the look I want!
njsleight is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
jerryatrophy
we are 138
jerryatrophy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 79
Flipped Off 26 Times in 19 Posts
jerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on here
Default Re: '05 ZX-10R Build

Welcome back.
Love me a fightered zx10. Dw.
jerryatrophy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
htech71
GURU
Senior Fighterer
htech71's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:59 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
htech71 is a glorious beacon of lighthtech71 is a glorious beacon of lighthtech71 is a glorious beacon of lighthtech71 is a glorious beacon of lighthtech71 is a glorious beacon of lighthtech71 is a glorious beacon of lighthtech71 is a glorious beacon of lighthtech71 is a glorious beacon of lighthtech71 is a glorious beacon of lighthtech71 is a glorious beacon of lighthtech71 is a glorious beacon of light

cant wait to see how it turns out.

muzzy header, & shortened muffler, k&n filter, airbox top cut out, disabled secondaries, pc3 usb, custom map, plus 4 degree ign. advancer, lightened flywheel, 15/40 gearing, speedo healer, more mods to come....
htech71 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

welcome in. thats a nice platform for a fighter

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
shotgun
Fast ZX-12R

shotgun's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 132
Flipped Off 121 Times in 103 Posts
shotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on here
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Welcome to the forum.

A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
George Washington

shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > New Member Introductions (For Noobs!)