Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Brockzilas TRX850 Sunburst

3K views 5 replies 1 participant last post by  brockzila 
#1 ·
Im in again.

Lifes changed and im in a better place and position to finish.

the bike is a trx850. currently painted a ford colour Sunburt orange and i love it

thanks for looking im off to sleep.

will finsh off in the morning

See less See more
#2 ·
OK so a bit of background.

imy first big bike was one of these. rode from london to germany italy france london. Taught me alot.

i was looking through a for sale section on a local mc forum and i saw this come uo $1000 needed pistons, bores, front rotors, and exhaust.

snapped it up in bits and got it home and bolted all the components back on to check they were all there.

pulléd the rest of the motor, striped and cleaned it up, checked the bearings and crank.

that leads us up to today.

the plan

im trying to find a USD front end. only thing i can find in length close to what i need is zx9r 1994-1997 if you have one at a good price let me know please.

zx9r rear wheel to get 180rear tyre.

zx10r rear shock.

change out the seat unit.

build a complete exhaust system.

polish the head, deck rhe block to raise compression.

paint and powder motor , frame, wheels etc.

yamaha urban/hd vrod headlight.

lets see how it all wprks oit

#3 ·
another up date .

so i have been looking at the std front set up on these things and i think i have a few more options on the front end.

factory they have 780mm forks, but on top of the triple is about 15mm of clip on and most guys have about 20mm on top of the clip so 780-35= 745mm.

as im going to be running dirty bars i can have the fork flush with the triple and run a shorter fork.

loking at this thread

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53934

i can get away with SP1 and zx636. if any one knows of a ny thing else that will fit. i know 1999r1 fit but i need to confirm length.

happy days

#4 ·
Dw tonight.

I have the bike in bits.

I test fitted the zx12 shock I have and with a shave it will fit well. I will need some shorter dog bones to make it work out.

I'm.supprised by how well it came apart. Nothing to.stop.me.

I have had a bit of a hick up.

The guy I brought the bike off has another one. The plan was going to be that he was just about to start fifitting a 898 big bore.kit to his bike and then give me the standard pistons and bores to rebuild this motor.
he just brought a brand new Ducati 899 so has lost interest in the trxx and is selling it. Bugged.

So now all work has stopped so I can save for the 898.KIT he has for me when I gat the cash.

I can still paint and clean. Reassemble and service.

#5 ·
Oh yeah the motor.

It's all chean and ready to send in to the engine shop. I broke a bolt when removing the dry sump. Drilled.it out then broke the easy out ff in the bolt.

Buggger.

#6 ·
Yeah yeah yeah I know how this works

Photos.

I have also grafted on polishing the head.

Just the compression chambers at this point

More work to come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.