Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Robyb's CBR F2 fighter

16K views 15 replies 1 participant last post by  Robyb 
#1 ·
Hello . this is my first documented build . First of all , i am sorry for my bad english , i am from Romania.

I presented my last build only when it was finished . Here you can see it : http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38403

So here i go : this is my Honda CBR F2 . from '93 ( i think) in the curent state .

i am looking to get a single sided swingarm , upSideDown forks . custom headlight mask , custom tail , some nice exhaust sistem , and still more...

See less See more
#2 ·
some parts started arriving .

Titan exhaust sistem from Yoshimura , with a r55 yoshi exhaust . When i got the exhaust pipes i was thinking of cleaning them , but when i saw the blue color i just fel in love :) so i am leaving them as they are .

i also found a BMC air filter in my garaj that is in great shape . i will use this one .

Just finished synchronizing my carbs , did a good job , the throttle response is great an smooth

i am now waiting on some other parts ....

#4 ·
after a couple of days of stupid people , i finally got my honda VFR single sided swingarm complet with break disc and caliper . Plus one sweet looking VFR wheel .

there is a little rust , break caliper is in poor shape . there is no chain rotor ( i think) . but no problem . i will fix everything to work and look awsome !!

#7 ·
So i have to make this part for the swingarm conversion . The rear suspension from the CBR is to short and wrong angle for the VFR swingarm

i uploaded the files with imageshack . when i tried to upload them here i got this message " You have exceeded the number of files allowed to you" is that normal ?

#8 ·
so , back again after a long time i got the chance of working on this project . I am involved in two other projects and my time is short .

the part that holds the VFR swingarm and the CBR suspension is finally ready , or 90% ready . i will instal some new bearings in the part + new bearings in the VFR swingarm because the CBR axle that hold the swingarm in the frame is thinner .

I installed the swingarm in the frame with the wheel just to see in everything is working , and it is just fine . the chain is aligned with the sprocket .

here are a couple of quick pics. ( i upload with imageshack , the forum uploader wont let me)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#9 ·
So i got the vfr swingarm off the bike to mount the spacers and bearings, i forgot to take pictures . i will come back with that later on

I mounted the exhaust sistem just to see how it fits . i sould have monted it before removing the vfr swingarm , but whatever . it looks great on the bike , i'm curious how does it sound .

I am waiting for the front end USD forks . i will post pics of it when it arrives .

here's a pic forthe exhaust sistem

#11 ·
update .

mounted the front end , looks good , mounted the swingarm , the rear susspension work great , mounted the rear tail and the front mask .

I am undecided with the front mask , i have 2 models , i think the black one looks better with the lines of the bike, what do you guys think ?

just need some spacers for the swing arm , and i think it is ready for a test drive .

For the rear tail light i am thinking of mounting a Suzuki Sv 650 tail light . the 2003 model . it looks awsome . and i think it will look great on my bike.

new pics :

#13 ·
ok , update .

i got the back wheel home from sand blasting , the front one did not arrive yet , still waiting .

i was not sure about the colour that i chose but after applying it on the parts it looks great , don't you think ? :)

i need some more parts like a front fender , rear sproket , seat . but i am looking forward to the day that i am finished with it .

here are the pics :

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.