Fork swap & new handlebars - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Fighter of the Year > Past Fighters of the Year > 2007 Fighter of the Year

2007 Fighter of the Year The battle of the Streetfighter of the month winners, to determine the Streetfighter of the Year!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Fork swap & new handlebars

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #21
chandler
is not your fucking bro
chandler's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:44 PM
Flip Offs: 75
Flipped Off 53 Times in 24 Posts
chandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fork swap & new handlebars

its cool im just pricing things. i just dropped 200 on a wheel this morning so im tapped out this month anyway.

chandler is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2008, 06:19 PM   #22
sully
TLS Fight Time

Senior Fighterer
sully's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:44 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 14 Times in 14 Posts
sully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of light
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
you already got them lol these for the gixxer ?
yeah for the GSXR!!!!

Mar.07' FOTM TLS The Lane Splitter ***07' FOTY***
sully is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #23
Perx Motorsports
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Perx Motorsports is a NOOB

i like the look! my only question is, why the busa axle?
Perx Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #24
sully
TLS Fight Time

Senior Fighterer
sully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of lightsully is a glorious beacon of light
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perx Motorsports View Post
i like the look! my only question is, why the busa axle?
Thats a good question, the TLS and Busa all years both have triples with 214mm of center fork tube to center fork tube spacing. The GSXR1000 these forks came from have triples with 207mm center to center fork tube spacing. The TLS axle was out from jump st. because the newer style forks do not use a captive spacer in the fork leg like the TLS. The new Busa has pretty much the same legs on it as the GSXR does the only difference is the Busa axle is longer to span the 214mm length the tubes are mounted apart!! Easiest job i've done on this bike!!

This user High Fived sully!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2008, 04:26 PM   #25
sully
TLS Fight Time

Senior Fighterer

This user High Fived sully!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2008, 07:15 AM   #26
Frankie Figs
Too Much is ALMOST Enough
Fighterer
Frankie Figs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:44 AM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Frankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully View Post
Thats a good question, the TLS and Busa all years both have triples with 214mm of center fork tube to center fork tube spacing. The GSXR1000 these forks came from have triples with 207mm center to center fork tube spacing. The TLS axle was out from jump st. because the newer style forks do not use a captive spacer in the fork leg like the TLS. The new Busa has pretty much the same legs on it as the GSXR does the only difference is the Busa axle is longer to span the 214mm length the tubes are mounted apart!! Easiest job i've done on this bike!!
Could you have used the GSXR triples? I have dirty bars on my GSXR and I planned on doing a GSXR front end on a Busa (my next project) so I could use my LSL bar kit. I have to say, you have the baddest TLS evAr!!!
Frankie Figs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #27
sully
TLS Fight Time

Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Figs View Post
Could you have used the GSXR triples? I have dirty bars on my GSXR and I planned on doing a GSXR front end on a Busa (my next project) so I could use my LSL bar kit. I have to say, you have the baddest TLS evAr!!!
You can use GSXR triples on anything if you want it bad enough wouldnt be to difficult, just need the GSXR axle and spacers as well! Every Suzuki is very similar in sizes of parts they use, hell most of them all use the same parts!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2008, 12:42 PM   #28
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

I was finally over my jealousy...damn you lol

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #29
sully
TLS Fight Time

Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo View Post
I was finally over my jealousy...damn you lol
Ha start all over again!!!! lol

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #30
Frankie Figs
Too Much is ALMOST Enough
Fighterer
Frankie Figs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:44 AM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Frankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of lightFrankie Figs is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully View Post
You can use GSXR triples on anything if you want it bad enough wouldnt be to difficult, just need the GSXR axle and spacers as well! Every Suzuki is very similar in sizes of parts they use, hell most of them all use the same parts!!
I know the bearing sizes are the same and the triples will fit but I was wondering if there would be any issues since the forks are closer together.
Frankie Figs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Fighter of the Year > Past Fighters of the Year > 2007 Fighter of the Year