'98 SRAD - butterslax - Page 19 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > '98 SRAD - butterslax

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2018, 01:06 PM   #181
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:25 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: '98 SRAD - butterslax

Very interested in the microsquirt stuff. Please posts lots of pics and info on that.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #182
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:25 AM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Very interested in the microsquirt stuff. Please posts lots of pics and info on that.
+1

I have all the stuff to burn my own chips for the Ducati, but I need to learn fuel mapping. Almost rather do a squirt so I have more control of the engine.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #183
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Not sure what all the micro squirt does, but I've been reading over on a CB1100F forum about an ignition setup from a company call Ignitech. I don't know about all bikes, but in the case of the CB1100F they can supply the box with plugs to make it just plug in to the bike, no extra charge. The box just does ignition settings, but you can tune it from your laptop and you have full control. Can even do things like cut the ignition during cranking until after so many revolutions. The setup is $140, which seems very fair. There's a more expensive option that allows "3-D" ignition curve tuning, but I have no ide what that would really mean.

Not at all sure how this would or would not play in to all this, but thought I'd throw it out there.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2019, 12:55 AM   #184
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

made a new throttle stop.. much better than how i had it rigged last time.. be good until i swap everything over..

Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mongoose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2019, 11:22 PM   #185
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

made a new bracket for the breather.. didn't like it being on the subframe... the line is about an inch too long.. fuck it tho lol

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-22-2019, 12:37 AM   #186
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

so everytime i come to a stop my bike is smoking... you think that breather being out front is enough to pressurize the case? ,aybe push some oil out? i can't see any visible leaks i dunno..

i think i might make a shield for it to see if it helps.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #187
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

so picked up a new throttle.. the cable kit i got with it is from vehnhill.. it came with solder on ends it doesnt really give you very good instructions..

one end is bare and one is like tinned.. do i just heat this up and stick some more solder in it?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2019, 09:25 PM   #188
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

so tried to solder it... wouldn't really stick to the brass, even with silver solder.. so superglue it is lol

it's a 1/4 turn about.. hopefully i can use it for longer riders its pretty stiff now but it looks good... also moved my master more inboard so i can get two fingers on it... brakes dont work without leverage it seems...

This user High Fived Mongoose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2019, 11:43 AM   #189
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

So second time in two weeks my airbox has filled with fuel.. This time was worse than last.. Luckly it was only a mile from my house..

Last time it went away this time no so much but everything looked fine.. Might put a real fuel filter in it.. Dont wanna do the fi swap mid summer
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2019, 11:40 PM   #190
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Are the carbs flooding from trash in the needles? I've never had luck with anything but paper element fuel filters. I recently bought a 10 pack of filters off eBay for $1.20. China stuff, yeah, but they are the good ones with a little magnet in them.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes