Hack to thrash - Page 9 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Hack to thrash

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #81
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hack to thrash

Subframe and tail unit mocked up. Need to mount the tail properly, and then mount battery box, ECU and reg/rec onto the subframe. New wiring loom is on the bike but not fully plugged in yet, and have to sort out connections to killswitch and rev counter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190408_211008_resized.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	461.6 KB
ID:	104514  
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MDM!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2019, 05:36 AM   #82
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

The rear shock could have an upgrade in the form of a race spec'd SRAD unit, which I believe will fit with no issues...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2019, 03:51 AM   #83
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

... well, when I said "no issues"...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2019, 07:38 AM   #84
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:39 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
... well, when I said "no issues"...
universal fit
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2019, 07:55 AM   #85
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Yes, quite.
Although I think I can work something out. I have the 'persuader' sat in a drawer if needs be...
This is the shock in question, before it was cleaned.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190411_172041_resized.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	603.2 KB
ID:	104574  
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2019, 07:58 AM   #86
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

It's 4mm shorter than the standard shock, although it does have adjustable length so that's irrelevant!
Upper and lower mounts match the standard shock, which is nice, the only issue comes wit the reservoir tower, although I can hopefully get enough clearance by moving the starter solenoid and its mounting bracket...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190411_200128_resized.jpg
Size:	374.2 KB
ID:	104576  
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2019, 08:05 AM   #87
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

After it's cleaned... This is the bit that I want to be able to get access to, for obvious reasons, and with the starter solenoid / fuse thingy out of the way, I might get lucky. Although now that I've said that...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190411_195227_resized.jpg
Size:	597.4 KB
ID:	104578  
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2019, 09:28 AM   #88
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:39 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

battery moved to ? seen them infront of engine, right hand side i think
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2019, 09:48 AM   #89
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

The battery isn't going to get in the way of the shock, and is going to stay in pretty much the standard place. I've cut down the standard battery tray and just need to fit some rivnuts into the new subframe to mount it. I did consider going the way of the sidemount battery, but the (Very minimal) advantage of lower c of g is negated by the fact that it'd be in a damage-prone area. And I'd have to make a new battery tray, and I'm lazy...
This user High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-16-2019, 05:21 AM   #90
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

And further hilarity ensued...

I discovered that the reservoir on the shock can be loosened, and thus rotated, which means that it can actually fit without the starter solenoid being moved, but for the fact that it interferes with the subframe. And, if I remove the solenoid, the body of the shock hits the rear of the frame, so that's not an option. There could be the possibility of rotating the reservoir around the centreline of the shock body, but that'll only be possible with it all stripped down, and as it needs a service anyway, that may be the way to go. 'May'... Also, after fitting a pair of rivnuts to allow the cut-down battery tray to be fitted to the new subframe, all done and dusted and looking great, I went to fit the battery and...

... yep, it doesn't fit in. The upper subframe rails are in the way. Arse.
So, as Yantosh suggested, it's either go with a new sidemount battery tray, and/or source a smaller battery to fit in the subframe.
On a lighter note, I've got the seat unit mounted properly now...

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes