2004 Triumph Thunderbird Sport build - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers

Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers Everything about cafe fighters and cafe racers goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 2004 Triumph Thunderbird Sport build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #61
simplyj
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 04:00 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
simplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 2004 Triumph Thunderbird Sport build

Now back in where she belongs. It was not fun carrying this engine up from the basement and getting it fitted. She's heavy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1491841307.774687.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	94601Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1491841328.901860.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	94609
simplyj is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived simplyj!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2017, 09:28 PM   #62
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Tell you what... I'm a sucker for highlighted fins, lol.. Looking good man.

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #63
simplyj
Fighter In Training
simplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to beholdsimplyj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'dup View Post
Tell you what... I'm a sucker for highlighted fins, lol.. Looking good man.

Thanks man! I too am a sucker for some machined fins which is why I find myself gravitating to these modern classics time and time again. Getting the engine back in was a big milestone, both literally and figuratively in renewing excitement. As the weather has gotten warmer, I've been getting a bit bummed that I'm not out and riding yet. The Daytona is being converted to a track bike only so not registered and no plates/lights.

Really itching to get this done but still waiting on the rear shock to come back from rebuilding and the motogadget m-unit blue to be released. Figured if I am going all in on this build, might as well update the technology as well. Managed to snag one of the first 10 to be released to the USA.

Hoping to get the bike done in the next 4 weeks.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-16-2017, 08:55 AM   #64
simplyj
Fighter In Training

now that the engine is in, I was able to focus on getting some of the accessories back on and building the exhaust. Layed down some more Harley engine paint on the alternator cover and a spare low mileage waterpump, baked, installed new O-rings, and installed. (also refreshed the upper triple). It's starting to look like a complete engine again.

also you can see, I've gotten the carbs test fitted. Still waiting on some replacement gaskets and hoses, but just wanted to see if my re-rack worked and everything cleared.

everything is looking good!

also got started on the exhaust. Starting point is a header off of a 955i. Needed to space it out from the block to clear the coolant tube and change the ports from oval to round to fit the 885 head. Chopped up some spare 885 headers I had sitting around and welded them to the downtubes. Also, the midpipe won't clear the brake, so have to modify that as well.

not quite the angle I wanted, but it clears and looks pretty good

header

clearance to the coolant tube
These people High Fived simplyj!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers