January 2018 FOTM Entry Tread - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Fighter Of The Month > 2018 Fighter of the Month

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > January 2018 FOTM Entry Tread

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-04-2018, 02:35 AM   #1
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:13 AM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default January 2018 FOTM Entry Tread

Enter here for the January 2018 FOTM!

The rules:

- You must have a minimum of 50 posts
- 4-8 good pics of your bike (and tell us which one you want used for judging)
- List of modifications and such
- Must currently own said bike

Past entries allowed providing
1. you did not win
OR
2. you've made measurable upgrades since last time

Non-winners will be rolled over from month to month for up to 3 months throughout the year, to keep things interesting!

Non-entry posts in this thread will be deleted.

Deadline is the 21st before we start voting.
Cookie2000ad is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-15-2018, 03:13 AM   #2
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: January 2018 FOTM Entry Tread

Behold the saga of "WinnerByDefault"

Driving through fuckhole DC, in some shitty neighborhood full of retarded yuppies, I noticed what I literally thought was dead body wrapped in a moldy tarp or some shit. I slowed down to take a closer look, because sometimes dead people have drugs or stabbin implements, or whatever, and who doesn't want free shit right?

I get out of the truck and realize that it infact was NOT the rotting corpse of some cunt, but in fact it was the rotting corpse of a ninja 650. It had clearly been sitting on its side for some time, and it looked like no one gave a fat fuck about it.

Being the opportunistic bottom dwelling barrel scraping grifter type of guy that I am, I said to myself, here is a good candidate for a flip bike.

My beautiful wife, who has to legitimately be the most unconditionally loving human being to ever grace this cursed ball of hot trash we call a planet, knew the drill, and was like yeah, see whats up. And got on her phone to keep herself occupied whilst I took a detour to hunt down the owner.

Since I had no clue who the fuck this dude was, or what was going on with the bike, I figured I would just knock on some doors and ask around. As luck would have it, everyone hated that shitpile, and wanted it the fuck off the street, and I was pointed towards the residence of the owner.

I made my way to the supposed owners door, knocked, and was greeted by a scowering face in short order. When I indicated that I was there to speak to him about the motorcycle on street, his demeanor became even less friendly. I suspect he had received some complaints regarding the quality of its aesthetic, and verticality, as we were in an area populated exclusively by status chasing cock knockers. He wasn't half bad though.

I quickly expressed to him that I was not there to bitch at him about the bike, but that I was fact interested in buying it. Conditional upon it having a title and running half decent. Well his attitude about faced immediately and he said he was actively looking to sell it, and we got down to business.

During the course of an impromptu 30 minute trouble shooting session I learned that someone hated this dude so much that whenever he would go out of town on business trips, they would kick the bike over, and it would end up laying on the ground till he got back. And eventually he just said fuck it, and decided to leave it down there. lol.

We also learned that 2 years of rain, repeatedly being knocked over and left on the ground, an old as fuck power commander, and 300 thousand ants, can sometimes cause a ninja 650 to not fire up on super old gas.

EVEN if you try to jump start it with a truck.

Once those issues were dealt with, it fired up like it was new. He was shocked. I was not. I have bought so many of these 650s. They always fucking run.

Now it came time to haggle. He got the piece of paper that said its legit, and I got out my wallet. He said 800$, and I said LOL, everything on it is, bent and broken, it has spent most of the last 2 years on its side, the chain is almost solid, the tires would explode if you ride them long enough to get them hot, the headlight is broken, the wiring was what you would expect from an engineer, shit, the aftermarket bar kit hit the fucking tank, good job, the plastics didn't exist, sliders were both ripped off the mounts, the brake fluid looked like someone unscrewed the res and shit in it, the gauges were held on with magnets epoxied to the housing, random hardware was missing. it was fucking ridiculous.

This is what it looked like.

I said 400$ or I leave and let you deal with the kind of people on craigslist who want to come buy a 400$ motorcycle.

He thought about what I said, and saw that I was serious, and said fuck it, get this thing out of here.

And I did.

What you may have noticed is that the bike also has expensive ass super uncommon rearsets, and an ok exhaust can. But the rearsets alone were very nice, somehow not damaged in any way, and worth around 300$ on their own.

The bike had 16k miles, a clean title, and ran like new. And NO rust in the tank. I dunno how, but sometimes its just like that.

So the bike comes home with me, where it gets shoved under a tarp.

One year later.

I need parts for some other 650s. I pull the tank. I pull the rearesets. I pull the rear wheel.

I drop the bike in the mud, and throw the tarp back over it.

One year later later.

Someone finally wants to buy the rearsets I have for sale. So I drop them off at his place for 250$

The bike is still sitting. But at some point the tarp was more important than the bike. So it was just sitting getting rained on. No tank. No rear wheel. Straight in the mid. lol. Fuck you trash bike.

I did cover the tanky area with a trash bag, and one on the tail.

I robbed the ecu off it to test another 650. This thing had become my parts bike.

A few more months pass.

I receivfe a random text from some number I do not recognize, and someone is bitching at me about their bike not shifting into gear, and what was up with the rearsets?

Dude I don't know. I don't fucking know you. Apparently your bike sucks. Why are you messaging me? Who the fuck is you?

Its the 20 year old kid I sold the rearsets too, who had crashed his 09 and fucked one of his up. Instead of just ordering a new stock foot control mount, he wants to make his bike cool. So he finally got around to trying to put mine on his bike, and failed, and then crashed his bike, and was pissy at me.

N-word I aint crash your fucking bike. It's not my issue you can't figure out how to not crash your shit, or bolt rearsets on. He then went on to insist that lowsiding the bike messed up his transmission too. I didn't like where he was going with this, but I knew I was safe legally, and I told him to take his bike to a shop and have someone who works on race bikes properly adjust the shifter linkage, since he couldn't understand out how to, despite me trying to walk him through it.

I know I wasn't responsible, and I wasn't trying to avoid trouble. I was just taking pity on him because why not.

He took it to a shop full of monkey fuck tards who also couldn't adjust a shift linkage properly, and they couldn't get it to shift with the rearsets on their.

I told him to take them off and use some vice grips and see if it shifts. He can't figure this out either.

He's useless. Fuck him. I tell him he couldn't pay me enough to come work on his bike, but take it to a real shop.

I don't hear from him, for about 3 weeks.

Then I get a text that simply reads "come get this fucking thing, 900 bucks. I am done with it"

I respond "lol. Dude don't give your bike away, just fix it up. I can't rob you like that man"

"I don't give a fuck, I am done. Come get it or I am putting it up on craigslist."

"ok dude, if its like that not a problem"

I show back up at dudes house and he is really chill, he just can't get the bike to work, he insists the transmission is borked, and he also is frustrated that his chinese radiator has the mounting tabs for the fan reversed. Some how this will prevent it from working. OK dude. I even refund him some of the rearset money since I know I am gonna sell this bike in a minute after a days work, and get like 3k for it.

1100$. here you go. He gives me the bike, the title, and a pile of parts. Bike fires up like new. Has a bazzaz tuned. yosh exhaust. buncha stuff.

well this is how it turned out

I fully rebuilt the entire thing, 09, and sold it in like 3 minutes for 2500. tires, chain, exhaust, wiring, cosmetics, fixed the bars, pulled the tuner, fixed everything. Purred like a kitten. Dude I sold it to was in love with it.

So back to WBD, which at that point, was a hot pile of garbage sitting in the mud, getting parts raped to finish up other 650s.

Que my buddy getting released from jail, and he tells me he wants to ride. I go ok, well I have this ugly pile of shit right here, and I need help doing other stuff. I will do a labor trade with you at 1000$ @ 5-10$ p/h, task dependent, and we'll write up a contract and keep a tab.

DEAL. I also agree to pay him cash for some jobs to help keep him on his feet.

It all works out great, and he actually works the bike off. I say cool. I will get to it within the next month, and build the entire thing from the ground up. We agreed he would get the shittiest parts I had, except a decent chain and full tread tires. I build the bike up with the shittiest stuff you have ever fucking seen.

someone painted a bunch of koi fish and shit on the tank and tail plastics, and the fender looked like it went through a meat grinder. but it all works. The rearsets also were painted blue. Poorly. And the hardware was simply whatever happened to be around at the time. It was the ugliest fucking thing I had ever seen. I tol him it was on him to plastidip it.

He said its so fucking ugly I like it. lol. Ok. I might be able to find a pic. I will have to upload it later.

So the bike is 90% done, and dude disappears.

Hmmm. We were working together every day for months. All the sudden he is MIA.

I call his father and am like so, he get locked up again?

Yup.

God damnit.

Is it serious?

Yyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

How serious.

Can you pay us the cash he worked off to buy the bike? He won't be needing it for a while...and we need it for his attorney.

You sure? The contracted value is 1k. He can resell it when he gets out, but I was doing him a favor at 1k to get him on something that gets 50mpg and doesn't explode. He could get out and resell it and make money.

Nah, we need the cash. Ok. Ill pay that back what he worked off and keep the bike then.

Ok.

I pay his parents 1k cash, and now reown WBD, which looks like it a bad tattoo shop vomited on it, and then someone pushed it down a hill.

It ran fine, but aint no one paying for that. So Now I have to rebuild it again.

Alrighty.

Take the entire thing apart again, fix everything, put it back together, and you get WBD in its final form

tadaaaaa

I had put giant retarded turn signals on the back to fuck with my buddy cause they looked horrible. I left them on it when I rebuilt cause I like being spiteful and lazy. They look horrible. lol. Its my favorite part of the bike. hahaha

I relocated the stock coolant overflow resevoir. It works properly where it is too. And its not perched up in the air all stupid. I also put some triumph speed4 radiator cowls on it. with zip ties.

I found some matching brand new levers and bar ends in a box. They seemed to be kawasaki levers, but I had to drill through the brake lever and put a bolt in it to get it to properly actuate the MC piston.

The headlight bucket is painted, and the ring is sanded. Everything is just cobbled together, but half decent;y now, and very sturdy.

The bars are bent forward, as all 650 bars should be, so they don't tuck your elbows in stupidly. This way the bikes handle like they should.

The bars came off a wrecked bike that got rained on for a year. I hand spun them in sand paper to resurface them. Everything on this bike came out of my trash pile.

the fork boots are mismatched old cv boots I cut down and just clamped on. The tires and chain were new old stuff. The plastics were the horrible painted ones. The tank came off a wreck.

Put the wrong red swingarm adjuster caps on it, just because why not. gas cap is off my buddies 636. My key worked in it, and I needed a cap, so I stole it and left him a snickers bar sitcking out of his tank and said thanks. LOL fuck you. You owed me anyhow.

The top triple is off a diff bike than the bottom triple. The ignition is off a random non 650 bike, the wheel is off some other 650. The bar top clamp was matching red until I sanded it down. I don't remember why. The whole bike is just Random shit from everywhere. It is what it is. But it runs like new.

WinnerByDefault

Ps - I sold it and bought it back. Gonna sell it again in march for more. lol.

ps ps - My buddy in prison for a long time. lol. I told him to stop being a knucklehead. some people.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived tldave!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-15-2018, 03:48 PM   #3
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:13 AM
Flip Offs: 20
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: January 2018 FOTM Entry Tread

well, cant have someone not getting some opposition and walking away with the spoils unopposed
, so i offer
little sister of GS1157 up for your perusal
ladies and gentlemen i give you

BOWYER SPECIAL no2, GS 600

not 100% finished at the moment, but getting very very near.
She is wearing her big brothers clothes today, as hers are still in the paint shop being niceified

Things done to her.

US import 1977 GS750 Frame, braced and monoshocked by me.
front end=forks/wheel/brakes/yokes are off CBR1000RR 07
body work is GS750
Suzuki GSF600 Engine with GSX600F carbs, K&N double pods, Dynojet Stage 3 kit, GSXR 600 stick coil conversion.
swing arm and rear wheel GSF1200 Bandit with aftermarket TTS shock, adjustable dog bones with s/steel rose joints.
Delkovic s/steel full system with stubby can and S/steel header extenders.
Hel s/steel braided brake lines.
Gilles rear sets.
Li-Po lightweight battery with alloy battery tray
Renthal ultra low bars with Nissin Radial m/cylinders, bandit 6 switch gear and Motogadget Dash and lights.
Triumph bar risers.
CRG short levers with CRG Super sport Clutch pearch.
hand made dash mounts from billet alloy.
billet Headlamp brackets.
LED indicators.
Pattern GSX1400 headlight.
Renthal 520 chain and sprocket conversion.
engine cases & frame powder coated
engine body painted with Matt black VHT paint.

Last pic for voting please

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Fighter Of The Month > 2018 Fighter of the Month