DIY M-unit style electronics control box - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights

Electrical and Lights Anything related to the fabrication of lights and other electrical components goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > DIY M-unit style electronics control box

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #11
imsolidstate
GURU
Senior Fighterer
Local Time: 03:30 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: DIY M-unit style electronics control box

Quote:
Originally Posted by excellrec View Post
Ah, I gotchya. Like this right:

Yeah, they're called snubbers. Since you don't know your load though I'd stick with a regular diode instead of a zener, a zener will forward conduct if you get enough positive voltage.
Probably the best solution would be a series shottky diode for low Vf and a reversed biased regular diode right after in parallel.
imsolidstate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2017, 12:16 PM   #12
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:30 AM
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Diy? Lol

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #13
MartinNorway
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 04:30 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
MartinNorway is a NOOB

Hi!
I'm new here, just found this thread on google searching for DIY m-unit
I'm planning on making a system like this on my own some day, but your shared .zip-file is no longer available...
Could you upload it once more, or share it in another way?
MartinNorway is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MartinNorway!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2018, 12:17 PM   #14
JelleBezemer
NoObie
Noobie
JelleBezemer is a NOOB

Why are you using transistors to switch the MOSFETS?
Isn't it easyer to just take logic level MOSFETS which the Arduino can switch?

Sincerely Jelle
JelleBezemer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2018, 03:59 PM   #15
excellrec
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 05:30 AM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
excellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant future

I used the transistors to minimize amperage draw on the arduino. I forget the total ma spec for arduinos, but if you have multiple outputs running at once you can easily start hitting the Arduinos limit. There may very well be suitable logic level MOSFETS out there that wouldn't draw too much ma, that is just the design that I came up with and that worked suitably for what I was trying to do.
excellrec is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #16
Linus
NoObie
Noobie
Linus is a NOOB

Hello, I love what you´ve done in this Project! Sadly the download link to the .zip file is broken and I couldn't follow the text in detail.
Would it be possible to send me the .zip file you linked in the text? I am also working on a micro controller and your files could be the missing piece i'm looking for.
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights