Ninja 250 Cafe - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter pics

Streetfighter pics Post up pics of streetfighters in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ninja 250 Cafe

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2019, 02:07 PM   #1
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:26 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default Ninja 250 Cafe

Saw this back in 2012 and took some pics, guess I never posted em here. Thought of it because of the 250 thread that dodgerdad posted. Not exactly a fighter but still some nice custom work.

and then what the builder posted after I started a thread on a local forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivTID View Post
I was having coffee with a good friend of mine this morning when I was told somebody posted my cafe racer here. Thanks for the kind words everyone. I built the bike from a 2007 Ninja EX250. My brother is building one of his own and is only about a month from having it on the road. The idea was to have a design challenge. We personally love the little Ninja 250's. They seem to have a bit of a cult following similar to the classic VW Beetle...only with about half the horse power . The stock body design is outstanding in all its practicality, but we wanted to show its other side, the fun side...

That seat really is made from actual solid strips of bamboo. I spent weeks heating, bending, glueing, shaping, and finally fiberglassing the seat cowl. I have over 150hours in fabricating the seat alone. The whole build process so far has taken about 6 months with school and other distractions.

The things on the bike I personally built are:

-Seat, seat pan (also bamboo), and locking mechanism
-Rear frame section
-exhaust headers and reverse cone mufflers with baffles (rolled by hand)
-tank originally from a ZX1000 (shaped knee cut-outs, and entire bottom pan)
-painted fuel tank
-overflow bottle for fun
-Tach cut-out to incorporate bicycle speedo and wiring

Currently working on the headlight that will also be bamboo based. It's in its early stages but I am excited to see it finished! My brother is an mechanical engineer and I a student of mechanical engineering so we're building things all the time. This has been both mine and my brother's first bike build. The whole process has been very humbling and inspirational. Thanks again to everyone for enjoying the photos.

If you want to see how the idea came about and how the build began please visit our website www.LivTID.com. We would love to hear any comments or questions you have. We are working hard to update the footage of the build as fast as we can. Please check back from time to time.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Junkie!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2019, 02:27 PM   #2
dodgerdad
NoObie
Noobie
dodgerdad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Flip Offs: 0
dodgerdad is a glorious beacon of lightdodgerdad is a glorious beacon of lightdodgerdad is a glorious beacon of lightdodgerdad is a glorious beacon of lightdodgerdad is a glorious beacon of lightdodgerdad is a glorious beacon of lightdodgerdad is a glorious beacon of lightdodgerdad is a glorious beacon of lightdodgerdad is a glorious beacon of lightdodgerdad is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ninja 250 Cafe

Thanks for posting those pics, always looking for ideas and inspiration.

When you see me, it's already too late.
dodgerdad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2019, 12:21 AM   #3
brandonmax25
NoObie
Noobie
brandonmax25 is a NOOB

Does anyone know what tachometer/speedometer combo is being used here??
brandonmax25 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2019, 10:36 AM   #4
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

He said in his post (that I quoted) that he cut out the tach to fit a bicycle speedo. You can see part of the bicycle speedo sticking out the bottom in the final pic. Not sure what the tach is from though.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2019, 11:51 PM   #5
brandonmax25
NoObie
Noobie
brandonmax25 is a NOOB

Damn, it's a real shame that the website they were using is no longer active and the YouTube channel they once maintained hasn't been updated in seven years. If you know any other way for me to contact the builder please let me know I have quite a few questions for them.
brandonmax25 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2019, 10:17 AM   #6
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

https://bayarearidersforum.com/forum...d.php?t=391522 is where I saw it before, you could try registering and PMing him there in case he still has notification emails turned on. https://bayarearidersforum.com/forum...5&postcount=18

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter pics