Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build! - Page 17 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-27-2017, 01:37 AM   #161
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:33 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Everything View Post
And I have no idea why my pictures are showing up sideways.....

Im looking at those from phone. And on first glance i thought, thats a weird idea, keep heavy tools on a shelf, and how do you fixate it on wall to hold that weight. Then i looked more and realized those are sideways

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2017, 01:29 PM   #162
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:33 AM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Switching to winter buildoff mode. Will make post there soon.
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2018, 11:14 PM   #163
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Resuming here....hopefully sometime soon?
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2018, 11:52 PM   #164
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

New shop space coming in a couple weeks! I'll finally have sheltered room to work!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2018, 12:31 AM   #165
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Hot damn!
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2018, 12:33 PM   #166
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Been stuffed into a 6x12 storage unit lately, and between the lack of size and the weather, I haven't been able to get anything done to anything at all. First of the month I move across the complex to a 10x20 or 10x24 unit instead. Far more room to work. Gonna finally be able to finish setting up the new toolbox, plus have room to use and move the toolcart and the extra 5 drawer lower. Once I get some extra cash I'll have to build a frame inside the overhead door so that I dont have a giant hole in the wall every time I come and go. I rather like the regular service door I have now, so I'll build a temp wall inside the roll up to help with climate control and privacy. I can use it as an anchor for lights across the bay as well.

I can't wait!
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #167
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Oh, I lied. It's actually a 12x15 I moved into. Buttfuckit. It's hella big compared to the 6x12 closet.

Just ordered a new sprocket carrier that should hopefully match the EN rear wheel. EN was belt drive only, so I'm taking a gamble on this. Luckily the carrier was only 10 shipped from 2 cities away. Not a big waste if it doesn't work.

Shooting to make some progress this weekend!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2018, 06:39 PM   #168
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

build my bikes in an 8x12
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2018, 08:50 PM   #169
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

With the toolbox, roller cart, work bench, and a few bins of stuff, there was just no room. It became a dumping ground for stuff because I couldn't do anything else. I would have had to drag everything outside every time I wanted to do work. That just wasn't happening. The upgrade was well worth it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180512_195521.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	101026  
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2018, 12:44 AM   #170
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Ok. Got off work, and went to the shop. Had something nagging the fuck out of me all day, and I didn't wanna wait until this weekend.

So here goes.

Got the motor back in the frame, and pulled out all the KZ mounting hardware I ordered a while back. Mockup suggested that the bottom rear mount hole on the GN engine would line up with the KZ frame. And I was right. It did. Perfectly.

Mockup suggested that upper rear mounting hole would be close to the KZ mount. After swapping the mount plates left for right (unequal triangle, in original orientation the mount was high, put the brake side on the shift side and the mount is low), DEAD PERFECT.

Rear mounts require ZERO work to the frame, ZERO adaptation of any kind. Just spacers once I get it all settled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-15 21.48.21.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	101028   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-15 21.48.32.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	101030   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-15 21.48.39.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	906.1 KB
ID:	101032   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-15 21.48.53.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	972.9 KB
ID:	101034  

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes