Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build! - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #21
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

That is a weak progress. Also, where are the pics?

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2017, 12:12 AM   #22
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:03 AM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Haven't bought anything else. Nothing to take pics of lol. I'm not kidding about slow. It'll prolly be one purchase every 2 weeks (1 per payday) to slowly build it.
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2017, 03:33 AM   #23
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Thats not really slow

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2017, 02:18 PM   #24
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Powerplant change!

As much as I love the looks of the old Briggs in relation to this build, I struck a deal for something better suited. Sold my Cub Cadet 2166 to a fellow CF member a couple years ago. He's trading it back to me (somewhat). Powerplant will instead be a 16hp Kohler single with an electric pto, electric start, 15amp charging circuit, and best of all, oil pump with filter (kind of critical. The briggs was only a splash lube). I'm getting the engine, complete harness, PTO, everything I need to wire this in on the bike. Looks like I'm picking it up by this coming weekend!

After that, I get paid Monday, I'll see what I have left after bills. Hoping to go make an offer on that front end.
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #25
scottyp
str8 stoopid

CF Lover
scottyp's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:03 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Everything View Post
I came up with a technical top speed of 88mph based on the 3k rpm limit of your average small engine.
are you totally committed to this ratbike idea?....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
festivus
Fuck it, dying of old age sounds boring anyway...

Gunslinger Customs FB page
scottyp is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived scottyp!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #26
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp View Post

repped
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #27
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp View Post

I was waiting to see when one of you was gonna catch that......

And I absolutely am committed. Why do you ask?

I need to run some new numbers. The Kohler runs 3600rpm, not sure what the acceptable margin is before it blows a flywheel. I might leave it at 3600, I might see if I can run to 4k.

I'm gonna have to find a new clutch system from what I was gonna run, the CVT I was looking at was rated for 3k max input. A clutch with a higher input rpm might run different ratios than the one I was looking at. If not, 3600-4k is already a higher top speed at the same gearing. With the extra rpm I might see about a change in gear ratios, give me more grunt at the lower speeds. I'm not worried about top speed, I'm more concerned with below 60.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2017, 12:50 AM   #28
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Ok, quick numbers change. Simply going up to 3600rpm brings me to a 105.51 top speed. This thing doesn't need to go near that fast.

Dropping front sprocket from 18 to 14, and leaving rear at 46 brings me to 3.29 ratio, with an 82.10 MPH top speed at 3600RPM.

I think these will be the new numbers to go with. I'm ok with losing theoretical top end. I want to make sure there's plenty of pull at lower speeds.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2017, 01:11 AM   #29
scottyp
str8 stoopid

CF Lover
scottyp's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:03 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scottyp is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Everything View Post
I was waiting to see when one of you was gonna catch that......

And I absolutely am committed. Why do you ask?
Oh, no reason, just time travel is cooler than rat bikes...just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
festivus
Fuck it, dying of old age sounds boring anyway...

Gunslinger Customs FB page
scottyp is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived scottyp!
The Following User Says F-U to scottyp For This Post:
RatFighter (07-28-2017)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2017, 02:14 PM   #30
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Adding another part to my list of upcoming bits.

Coworker had a set of fish tails off his last Road Glide. Some more old style!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes