82 CB900C shock replacement - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers

Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers Everything about cafe fighters and cafe racers goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 82 CB900C shock replacement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
jccity6
stator of the obvious
Noobie
Local Time: 04:43 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
jccity6 is a NOOB
Default 82 CB900C shock replacement

Any experience with changing out these shocks with modern ones? Don't want to just rebuild, I would like to get something new (or modern used) but obviously not break the bank. Thanks in advance for the help.
jccity6 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2018, 12:55 PM   #2
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:43 AM
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: 82 CB900C shock replacement

Decent twin shocks will run between $200-350 entry level. The rfy eBay shocks work but not very well. As heavy so the 900c is there aren't really an OEM option to swap on that won't be undersprung

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #3
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

The 900C uses an air shock from a same era Goldwing, right? Maybe see what the Goldwing guys have done?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #4
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
The 900C uses an air shock from a same era Goldwing, right? Maybe see what the Goldwing guys have done?

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #5
jccity6
stator of the obvious
Noobie
jccity6 is a NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
I know its an air shock but not sure of the Goldwing deal but Ill do some searching. The PO actually has some different shocks on there now.
Anybody recognize them? don't seem to have much labeling
Attached Images

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2018, 04:29 PM   #6
jccity6
stator of the obvious
Noobie
jccity6 is a NOOB

Sorry that pic is small,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0194 (1).jpg
Views:	17
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	99950  
This user High Fived jccity6!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2018, 06:33 PM   #7
Gazmo65
Fighter In Training
Gazmo65's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:43 AM
Gazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to all

Looks similar to a brand from the 80s called S&W think they may be a U.S. company, the original shocks were branded FVQ (Fade Very Quickly) and had a small plastic wheel at the top just under the shock mount for adjusting the damping , I used to run a couple of cb900 and always fitted KONI dial a ride but believe they have changed there branding to IKON shocks now, they were usually on the firmer side but I preferred that, if you can find one get a Harris race exhaust for the bike they are excellent on the 900 and tuck right up out of the way and sound awesome with the straight through race baffle .
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-17-2018, 07:16 AM   #8
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:43 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

cb1300, xjr1300 , big ole fat bikes with twin shocks
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers