new headlight.. - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights

Electrical and Lights Anything related to the fabrication of lights and other electrical components goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > new headlight..

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2018, 04:36 PM   #1
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:59 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default new headlight..

anyone ever use one of these before?

https://www.amazon.ca/Motorcycle-Day...QKYXMGKC5TZ0GG

thinkin' of ditching the screen for a round light..
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2018, 02:04 AM   #2
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: new headlight..

They're expensive as fuck, IIRC.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2018, 02:23 AM   #3
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I've seen those for sale from $50 all the way to $400+. No idea why the huge price difference, but I'm suspecting it's a case of cheap knockoffs or price gouging due to the Harley name. Could go either way. Though I think the true Harley Daymaker's only came in 7"? Everyone says they are kickass headlights. My uncle brags on his.

If you're cool with round lights, I'm very happy with the Cyclops H4 LED bulb in my Yamaha. Could get a cheap EMGO bucket and pop one in.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2018, 02:39 AM   #4
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

well way back JW speaker were the only guys out there that were doin' these.. those were close to 1000 a pop... which the chinese copied.. then harley copied as their own... then the chinese copies them..

now just like light bars you get an apparent 75% of the light for a penny on the dollar.

this ones a chinese one and.. 50 bucks..

but yeah.. wanted the smaller one.. was thinking on making a billet ring instead of the whole surround.. needin' to show off the fancy to triples that are in the works yas knows..
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2018, 05:42 AM   #5
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

I was unaware of these Chinese knock-offs.

Way cheaper than the original, and sold out.

I've been waiting for the originals to be back in stock. Even talked to the original manufacturer.

I'll be paying a lot more for the original. No guarantee that it'll be better than a knock-off.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2018, 03:44 PM   #6
u531355
i will forever be useless
CF Addict
u531355's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 30
Flipped Off 14 Times in 13 Posts
u531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

I been running one on my Sportster for a while and love it. Gonna use one on my build just for simplicity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
Fast zombies suck

if you didn't piss a couple people off you didn't do something right

2010 buildoff bike: 98 ninja zx6r
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=33849

2011 buildoff bike: 79 gs750e
thread:http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=38979
discussion:http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=38980
u531355 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived u531355!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2018, 09:15 PM   #7
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

the legit one? or the or a cheapo one?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #8
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:59 AM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

worth the risk for the price imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2018, 11:02 PM   #9
u531355
i will forever be useless
CF Addict
u531355's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 30
Flipped Off 14 Times in 13 Posts
u531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to beholdu531355 is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
the legit one? or the or a cheapo one?

I got the cheapo. Think I paid $40 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
Fast zombies suck

if you didn't piss a couple people off you didn't do something right

2010 buildoff bike: 98 ninja zx6r
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=33849

2011 buildoff bike: 79 gs750e
thread:http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=38979
discussion:http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=38980
u531355 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived u531355!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights