Air intake screens - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Paint and Bodywork

Paint and Bodywork Anything to do with fabricating bodywork, composites, prep and paint work goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Air intake screens

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
Tenmag
NoObie
Noobie
Tenmag's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:48 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tenmag is a NOOB
Default Air intake screens

So I busted out a pair of these for my Honda F4. Not done yet but I need to get some rubber grommets and at least some black zip ties for the air brake line I used around the edges. Since I had the hose laying around the only thing I've bought was a $3 piece of gutter screen so it's dirt cheap so far at least. The pic is only one side but the other side is just a mirror copy of it, and until I get grommets and some screws it won't sit there on it's own.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190520_102250_1558366278284.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	812.1 KB
ID:	105092  

I just wanna be a pirate, but bikes don't do well in water...
cbr600f4
Tenmag is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Tenmag!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2019, 10:13 PM   #2
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Air intake screens

Very cool!

Fuck all that... we gotta get on with this!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-22-2019, 01:16 AM   #3
Tenmag
NoObie
Noobie
Tenmag is a NOOB
Default Re: Air intake screens

Thanks, I remembered I had some JB plastic weld so I went around the tubing with it, I get off work I'll snip the zip ties and see if it bonded ok. Gotta get a pack of grommets and some screws still, another trip to the homely despot lol.

cbr600f4

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #4
Tenmag
NoObie
Noobie
Tenmag is a NOOB

Finished, the JB seems to be holding good and I stopped by Fastenal since they're about a half mile from work and got some rubber well nuts and 10-32 stainless button head screws. Is it bad when the hardware to install something cost more than the part?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190522_075745_1558534406785.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	105118  

cbr600f4
This user High Fived Tenmag!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Paint and Bodywork