Which footrest hanger...home built or modified OEM? - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Which footrest hanger...home built or modified OEM?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 02:41 PM   #11
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:51 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Which footrest hanger...home built or modified OEM?

Got anything to mask the danger area? Could you cut and use the original as a guide?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 02:53 PM   #12
remfanuk
Fighter
Local Time: 04:51 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
remfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to all

think i might use several layers of tape topped off with some fabric loom tape to protect around the slots. trying to keep the original in one piece to sell on. I shall get a 10mm hole drilled through it and nibble gently away to make the slots.
remfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-02-2019, 12:35 PM   #13
remfanuk
Fighter
remfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by remfanuk View Post
think i might use several layers of tape topped off with some fabric loom tape to protect around the slots. trying to keep the original in one piece to sell on. I shall get a 10mm hole drilled through it and nibble gently away to make the slots.
Think i have been successful...will look good when sanded and smoothed. Footpeg mount hides notches around mount hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190602_171451_1559493265577.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	629.7 KB
ID:	105264   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190602_171513_1559493278306.jpg
Size:	650.7 KB
ID:	105266   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190602_172018_1559493300632.jpg
Size:	721.8 KB
ID:	105268  
This user High Fived remfanuk!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-02-2019, 01:51 PM   #14
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:51 PM
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

you could also take the nubs off... drill a couple hole and use some roll pins instead to locate it.. there shouldnt be that much rotational force in it.
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-02-2019, 01:54 PM   #15
remfanuk
Fighter

That might have been a good way too. Thanks for the idea.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-13-2019, 04:00 AM   #16
remfanuk
Fighter

Decided that i was making too much of a fuck up with it so instead of trying to mill it with a pillar drill and nibble bits out of it with a Dremel.
So I thought I would just snip off the tabs on the peg mount. Anything i need to secure it with other than the bolt and Loctite? Spring washers or something?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190609_153955_1560412767528.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	625.5 KB
ID:	105354   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190609_154024_1560412785250.jpg
Size:	354.6 KB
ID:	105356   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190609_154242_1560412817739.jpg
Size:	407.9 KB
ID:	105358  
This user High Fived remfanuk!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #17
remfanuk
Fighter

I have now started on the heal guard...this may or not be made from carbon fibre.

Again, suggestions or comments to guide me appreciated...pointy? Stubby? Or something completely different? The heal plate will be mounted from behind into the hanger with a couple of M4 tapped holes.
And for the shits 'n' giggles the evolution of the home built footrest hanger.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190620_180732_1561050945689.jpg
Size:	804.5 KB
ID:	105384   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190620_181059_1561050994739.jpg
Size:	885.7 KB
ID:	105388   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190620_175753_1561051096475.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	952.3 KB
ID:	105390  

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal