Need A Gauge? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights

Electrical and Lights Anything related to the fabrication of lights and other electrical components goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Need A Gauge?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2010, 06:10 AM   #1
Kaos
SHOWUSYATITS

Kaos's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Flip Offs: 71
Flipped Off 59 Times in 47 Posts
Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Exclamation Need A Gauge?

It’d be great if this could be made a sticky.
Streetfighters.com.au has some threads like this so I thought it’d be good if we had our own, yeah?
So here we go:

These are available from ebay seller ‘dan_dans_treasure_chest’: http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/d...reasure_chest/

First up is the SP4. Very basic, it features speedometer and odometer with indicator lights for turn signals, high beam and neutral. Cost is $72.69 + $22 p/h

Next we have the SP3. It has speedometer, odometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and clock and also has indicator lights for turn, high beam, neautral and low fuel. Cost is $116.31 + $28p/h

Next is the SP6 with speedometer, tachometer, odometer and indicator lights for turn, high beam, neutral and oil pressure. Cost is $102 + $22p/h

And then comes the SP2. Displaying speed, tachometer, odometer and fuel in a similar package to the acewell series, it also features indicators for turn, highbeam, neutral, oil/temp and warning (I guess sidestand could be hooked to it). Cost is $102 + $22p/h

Last we have the SP7. This unit looks very much like the Koso RX-1N. It features speedometer, tachometer, odometer, fuel or temperature gauge and clock along with indicator lights for turns, high beam and neutral (displayed with P). Cost is $102 + $22p/h.

This unit is also available from another seller on ebay, waimaozhijia10 for the most modest sum of $50 + $15p/h. http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/waimaozhijia10/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybuilt
...i have siad it before do what you realy want and do it today above all have your share of fun causc you will damn shure have your share of the other.
CUSTOM FIGHTERS FOR LIFE!
Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2010, 06:11 AM   #2
Kaos
SHOWUSYATITS

Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Need A Gauge?

Okay so now we move on to the Trail Tech brand of gauges: http://trailtech.net/computers.html
The trail Tech range do not come with indicators for turn signals etc, but an optional dashboard can be purchased. I reccomend shopping around for the these gauges. Check prices from your local motorcycle stores etc. The cheapest I have found is ebay .

First we have the Endurance. It is a basic gauge featuring speedometer, odometer and clock. Cost is $79.95 + p/h

Next up is the Vector featuring speedometer, odometer, temperature and clock as well as a seperate switch unit for operation on the go. Cost is $99.95 + p/h

Then we have the Vapor. The Vapor features speedometer, tachometer, odometer, temperature and clock. Cost is $129.95 +p/h

Last is the Striker. It features speedometer, odometer, temperature, clock, maintenance reminder and voltage display. Cost is $129.95 + p/h

Quote:
...i have siad it before do what you realy want and do it today above all have your share of fun causc you will damn shure have your share of the other.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #3
Kaos
SHOWUSYATITS

Up next we have the Koso brand. Eg,

I’m not going to list the many different gauges they make. Instead I’m going to refer you to their website, then the cheapest places i have found to purchase them from.
http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/
Now the two cheapest places I have found to purchase them from are these:
http://www.sip-scootershop.com/main/...ot)&a=1&sort=0
This one is cheaper for the gauge, but postage to Australia is a real killer. You might want to check postage to your area, then check out this website:
http://www.superbiketoystore.com/spo...oso&_a=viewCat
These guys will do their best to price match their items. I found it cheaper to go though them.

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
Kaos
SHOWUSYATITS

Okay so shall we move on to Acewell? Yes? Thank fuck ‘cause I’m starting to lose it. My hands getting more cramped than it does while watching Bay Watch re-runs!
Eg,
Acewell has a variety of gauges also and I don’t want to go listing specs for each one. So as with the Koso’s I’ll just direct you to a few websites. Because of the change of ownership with Electrosport, we now have to pay much higher prices for the Acewells. Still, they are a great product....
http://www.acewell-meter.com/
Available from (thanks to someone from here for this):
http://www.motostrano.com/ 3XXX series only starting from $145.45 p/h
And: http://www.bajadesigns.com/ from $129 + p/h
Also available from the an Aussie distributor at: http://s3performance.com.au/advanced...pbvk0hrb86n1b0 but their prices are WAY over what you’d pay in the states.
I’ve also found Acewells on ebay and random foreign websites. My suggestion is to look up the model you want on the Acewell website then do a google search for the model number

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2010, 06:20 AM   #5
Kaos
SHOWUSYATITS

Motogadget is our next supplier. Their gauges are pricey, but their quality is supposedly oustanding.
http://www.motogadget.com/
The Motoscope Mini is a very compact gauge. No fancy coloured displays, this is all red and ready for bed!

Features speed, tachometer, odometer and shift light and priced at 225 Euros including VAT (whatever the fuck that is) + p/h
It doesn’t include indicators for turn signals etc which is where this handy little addition comes in. Presenting the Motosign Mini:

5 LEDS which i presume can be used in whatever fashion the purchaser deems fit.
Priced at 81Euros inc VAT + p/h, if you can afford the Motoscope, this is a bargain!

The next gauge in the Motogadget range is the Multi-View. Now this is a very smart gadget indeed. It’s built right into a mirror!

It has all the same features of the Motoscope Mini but is priced from 369Euros inc VAT + p/h for the gauge side and from 109Euros inc Vat + p/h for the indicator side.

Now here’s some schmick looking old style gauges with some modern ware. Looking like a Smiths speedo whored it up with an Acewell and bornded these bastards, these gauges look very smart indeed.
Introducing the Motoscope Tiny, Motoscope Speedster and Motoscope Vintage:

They feature both analogue and digital speedometer, odometer and clock along with indicators for turn, highbeam, neutral and warning.
Priced from 235Euros inc VAT + p/h, I wish I could afford them!

Next inline is the Motoscope Classic. This is also a nice looking gauge.

Features include speedometer, tachometer, odometer, temperature, voltage indicator functions and much more that I’m too fat and lazy to list. Check Motogadget for full specs.
She’s priced at 439Euros inc VAT + p/h. Expensive, but very nice!
Also available with the same specs but in a black faced finish similar to the old Smiths, the Chrono-Classic is priced at 479Euros inc VAT + p/h:

So now I introduce the Motoscope Light:

Featuring the usual speed, tach, odo along with a few extras (check motogadget for full specs) from 339Euros inc VAT + p/h. An indicator assembly is also available (shown above with the Light) from 112Euros inc VAT + p/h.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2010, 06:21 AM   #6
Kaos
SHOWUSYATITS

This one needs no explanation from me as it’s all right there!
http://www.advantagemotorsports.com/LTS.htm

Pricey at $799 + $85 for speed sensor + p/h but it sure looks purty!

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2010, 06:21 AM   #7
Kaos
SHOWUSYATITS

Onto Veypor: http://www.veypor.com/index.html
These guys have 2 gauges available, the Veypor and the VR2. They are identical in appearance but differ in functions.

The best part about the Veypor range is that they are data loggers and all info can be downloaded onto your PC for analysing. They don’t come with indicators for turn signals etc but a dashboard is available.
The Veypor has a RRP of $159.99 and the VR2 $239.99.
They are available direct from Veypor or from a range of their dealers : http://www.veypor.com/dealers.html
The cheapest place I have found for the Veypors is ebay.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2010, 06:23 AM   #8
Kaos
SHOWUSYATITS

That's all I can handle for today. I've spent a good few hours compiling this lot. I'll look for some more another day.

Oh yah, if the mods feel this is in the wrong place, move it, I just thought seeing as this is the first place people go to ask about gauges it would best be placed here. PLEASE make it a sticky. Seriously, there's been like 3 or 4 gauge questions in the last week alone I reckon.

Quote:
These people High Fived Kaos!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #9
brockzila
breaking stuff since 1978
CF Addict
brockzila's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
brockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to behold

i sold my old gauges for 120 a last weekend and have been looking for a replacement gauge, was going to go for a vaypor. but shit at 67 USD for that sp7 its only going to cost me 97NZD landed. id be a idiot not to give it a shot.

I have one one its way will let you know how it works out. if its shit i can just sell it on to some one here in nz for more than what i paid for it. Im a little concerned about the size of the thing but will see what it is like when it gets here.

You may notice a few spelling mistakes in my posts. sorry. been trying for years i just cant figure that spelling stuff out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyguitar View Post
Worrying about crashing is like worrying about getting an std. Wear protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but yours is wrong.
TRX850 Sunburst discussion thread
Sunburst TRX850 Build thread
brockzila is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived brockzila!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2010, 06:42 AM   #10
brockzila
breaking stuff since 1978
CF Addict
brockzila's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
brockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to behold

You all need to rep this kangaroo loving bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is alot of work gone in to that!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may notice a few spelling mistakes in my posts. sorry. been trying for years i just cant figure that spelling stuff out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyguitar View Post
Worrying about crashing is like worrying about getting an std. Wear protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but yours is wrong.
TRX850 Sunburst discussion thread
Sunburst TRX850 Build thread
brockzila is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived brockzila!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights