made me a bike trailer! - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > made me a bike trailer!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #11
alloyguitar
That's Mr.Newbie to you.
CF Addict
alloyguitar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:36 AM
Flip Offs: 70
Flipped Off 119 Times in 112 Posts
alloyguitar has much to be proud ofalloyguitar has much to be proud ofalloyguitar has much to be proud ofalloyguitar has much to be proud ofalloyguitar has much to be proud ofalloyguitar has much to be proud ofalloyguitar has much to be proud ofalloyguitar has much to be proud ofalloyguitar has much to be proud ofalloyguitar has much to be proud ofalloyguitar has much to be proud of
Default Re: made me a bike trailer!

Love it. I'm thinking about doing something similar.
alloyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:36 AM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Another option is finding a crappy pop-up camper that someone wants to get rid of. The frame for this trailer was originally for a pop-up camper. It will fit 1 bagger, 2 normal sport bikes, or 3 dirt bikes with the center dirt bike backwards.

Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Racing Geek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #13
venturesomerite
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)

CF Addict
venturesomerite's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 4 Times in 3 Posts
venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Geek View Post
Another option is finding a crappy pop-up camper that someone wants to get rid of. The frame for this trailer was originally for a pop-up camper. It will fit 1 bagger, 2 normal sport bikes, or 3 dirt bikes with the center dirt bike backwards.

If the trailer was bigger I would have done something with more rails.

~~~Brian

*** Sorry, had all my pics hosted on photobucket and they turned out to be a greedy cunt. Working on getting them all hosted elsewhere, and slowly fixing 5 billion pictures.

Uglier Better - 1996 Suzuki Katana 600 that wants to be a Gixxer

Coffee Pot - 1983 Yamaha Virago 920 - A cafe build on the super duper cheap.
venturesomerite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #14
Jnslaw
Shock ceases pain
Noobie
Jnslaw's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jnslaw is a good noobieJnslaw is a good noobie

That qualfies as "Green". Wth the recycling of an old trailer. The Goverment should give you something, dammit.
Jnslaw is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #15
venturesomerite
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)

CF Addict
venturesomerite's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 4 Times in 3 Posts
venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnslaw View Post
That qualfies as "Green". Wth the recycling of an old trailer. The Goverment should give you something, dammit.
Nah, they'll just tax me for something else instead. Like a no new trailer sales tax, tax or something.

~~~Brian

*** Sorry, had all my pics hosted on photobucket and they turned out to be a greedy cunt. Working on getting them all hosted elsewhere, and slowly fixing 5 billion pictures.

Uglier Better - 1996 Suzuki Katana 600 that wants to be a Gixxer

Coffee Pot - 1983 Yamaha Virago 920 - A cafe build on the super duper cheap.
venturesomerite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #16
RayRay
scuse me fo a minute....
Fighterer
RayRay's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 16 Times in 3 Posts
RayRay is a name known to allRayRay is a name known to allRayRay is a name known to allRayRay is a name known to allRayRay is a name known to allRayRay is a name known to allRayRay is a name known to allRayRay is a name known to allRayRay is a name known to allRayRay is a name known to allRayRay is a name known to all
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Snot bad, snot bad at all
RayRay is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #17
Zak02
Da Gonkus
Fighter In Training
Zak02's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:36 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zak02 is a good noobieZak02 is a good noobieZak02 is a good noobie

Thats some damn fine work!
Zak02 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #18
tlstreak
Senior Fighterer
tlstreak's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 2 Times in 1 Post
tlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Geek View Post

Do you not tear the body work up on bikes straping down like that? If it works for you ..cool , but ive seen a few photos of bike hauling on here recently that just make me cringe a little. I can just see the entire front of that bike getting pulled off or cracking the entire front end.

Soft ties or a canyon dance will greatly reduce the risk. Ive got both but use soft ties more than anything.

BTW good ideas from both, I need a damn trailer and just keep putting it off.
tlstreak is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tlstreak!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

You can't really tell in the two photos I posted in here but there are soft ties going to the lower triple on the inside of the fairing. I just tied up the extra strap around the outside because it was easier then going back and forth inside the fairing each time. I could slip my fingers between the fairing and straps. No fairing was harmed in the transporting of the bike.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Racing Geek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #20
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Well thats a shame. We aim to hurt every fairing possible 'round these parts...
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Fight Everything!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal