stretching forks, how do I - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions

Beginner Streetfighter Questions This is the place to ask all beginner questions with no fear of being flamed. This section will be HEAVILY MODERATED! Any fighter related question is allowed, no matter how simple!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > stretching forks, how do I

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-11-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:17 PM
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold
Default stretching forks, how do I

i have a 78 kz650 and 06 636 forks.
frame is hardtailed (lowered).
with these forks I get severe headshake and exhaust scrapes even slight bumps and turning right.

I would like to goose the front end and raise it..but I want these forks??

who or what place makes custom triples?
custom triples can make a drop to raise frame off ground?
custom triples and be angled?

anyone know of a frame/fork calculator website? punch in numbers and it gives you angles. like a gun builder site
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2019, 05:58 PM   #2
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:17 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Default Re: stretching forks, how do I

I have only seen an inch gained with drop triples. (SebSpeed and Yantosh might be best to discuss what's involved with this?)

With angling the fork tubes in the triples, it should be theoretically possible. However, if you're already having headshake issues with your current rake, making the forks more upright may cause more issues than you want to fix.

I have seen a couple inches gained through extended fork caps, but I do not have experience with their long term durability (GSSteve has a pair on a bike?)

Some bikes have compatible fork tubes. You may be able to find a set of beefy dirt bike forks, steal the sliders and gain a few inches that way.

Sebwiers has done a lot of math for his awesome bike and may give you some useful tools for calculating angles and locations.

Why are you dead set on using those forks?
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #3
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:17 PM
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I have only seen an inch gained with drop triples. (SebSpeed and Yantosh might be best to discuss what's involved with this?)

With angling the fork tubes in the triples, it should be theoretically possible. However, if you're already having headshake issues with your current rake, making the forks more upright may cause more issues than you want to fix.

I have seen a couple inches gained through extended fork caps, but I do not have experience with their long term durability (GSSteve has a pair on a bike?)

Some bikes have compatible fork tubes. You may be able to find a set of beefy dirt bike forks, steal the sliders and gain a few inches that way.

Sebwiers has done a lot of math for his awesome bike and may give you some useful tools for calculating angles and locations.

Why are you dead set on using those forks?
not dead set. Its just what I had and paid $300 for. they have nice brakes on them and are beefy with new tire.
but............I already swapped them back. put 34" dirtbike forks on the bike..handles WAYYY better. steers faster and less "fight" to drive it. was a real commitment to drive it. now its pretty fun. much taller so exhaust doesn't scrape either. looks awkward but..it works. and I like that orange gold color

rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-19-2019, 07:36 AM   #4
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:17 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

made a few, but i'm not a huge fan of drop yoke, thug yoke does the same, but really needs a bottom one to balance the look. next time it's needed i'm going to make extensions like the extreme creation items
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions