Where can I get properly stiff seat foam? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Where can I get properly stiff seat foam?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #1
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Where can I get properly stiff seat foam?

Title pretty much says it all. I need to redo a couple seats but can't find any properly firm foam local. I'm not familiar with any lingo, so shopping online is just running in circles for me. Any advice?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #2
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:53 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Where can I get properly stiff seat foam?

https://www.sunmatecushions.com/page...m-applications
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Larry02ACR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-09-2019, 08:34 PM   #3
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:53 AM
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

i use graves seat foam on my bike..
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-09-2019, 09:53 PM   #4
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Thanks guys.

Larry, do you have any experience with that pudgee stuff? As thick as I'm needing go it would run me about $400+ to do two seats. I'm thinking there must be amore affordable material out there.

I'm not familiar with Graves' foam, but I'll check it out.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 03:28 AM   #5
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Larry, do you have any experience with that pudgee stuff? As thick as I'm needing go it would run me about $400+ to do two seats. I'm thinking there must be amore affordable material out there.
No, came up during a Google search. Their SunMate looks to be relatively affordable:

https://www.sunmatecushions.com/coll...pedic-cushions
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 07:22 AM   #6
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

oem take off seats? You can get them dirt cheap off cruisers. just search fb/cl
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tldave!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #7
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Other than the link I posted, you can google search for upholstery foam or polyurethane foam.

https://www.amazon.com/FoamTouch-Uph...=fsclp_pl_dp_3

https://northstarpolymers.com/products.html
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 07:54 PM   #8
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

The trick is finding foam of suitable firmness. The vast majority of bike seats are too soft already, which is why I'm doing this I did some research and found that Corbin uses a foam around 7lb density. Not really sure exactly what that means, but it gives me a benchmark to measure by now. I really like the firmness of their seats.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 10:51 PM   #9
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:53 AM
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

https://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/produc...h-34inch-thick

this looks to be the same.. graves doesnt have the universal size anymore?
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-17-2019, 03:36 AM   #10
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
The trick is finding foam of suitable firmness. The vast majority of bike seats are too soft already, which is why I'm doing this I did some research and found that Corbin uses a foam around 7lb density. Not really sure exactly what that means, but it gives me a benchmark to measure by now. I really like the firmness of their seats.
7lb density means that a 1x1x1 foot cube of the foam will weigh seven pounds.

Isaac Newton was a bastard when he invented gravity!
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived TURNIP!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!