Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Love For My Fighter Brothers & Sisters

18K views 212 replies 32 participants last post by  Smoker 
#1 ·
Well, not many fighter sisters around now, but I could never forget Michelle or Phoebe.

Thank you, Donna for being my eMom. Your presence has been comforting during tough times, and keeping you in my thoughts has kept me from risking my life more than I already have.

Some of my best fighter friends aren't around anymore. I think about you and miss you all the time.

We're now a small group of dedicated gearheads. I couldn't be more proud to be one of you. I don't even tell people I do anesthesia, I tell them I build bikes. It consumes my thoughts and dreams.

Thanks much to all my fighter brothers for sharing their thoughts and lives with me. You guys have helped me discover something within myself that has brought much happiness. These years have been good ones.

For most people in my situation, the cancer comes back in around 5 years. For me, not much over 5 months. I have to start taking drugs next week that are going to fuck me up. Pretty sure chemo or radiation are about 2 months away. Can't say what's going to happen with me or the bikes. Should have prepared better, but was trying to get the bikes finished. That's what I love to do. Time could be very short now, and no way can I get everything done.

I sure would like to see finished bikes, and I have plenty of motivation to live. Problem is, I'm not riding this bike called cancer, I'm just the passenger.

I love you guys. :knucks:

See less See more
#187 ·
Maybe things have changed, but from memory, the Photobucket price was $499 or $599 usd, per year, for the number of pics I have.

Glad a lot of you guys have already seen the pics. I have most of them filed away somewhere. Maybe if I live long enough and have enough time, I could find a safe place to repost the stories.

Would be cool if the pics could live on. :knucks:

#188 ·
Maybe things have changed, but from memory, the Photobucket price was $499 or $599 usd, per year, for the number of pics I have.
Pretty sure that was the price when they first started charging.

I use microsoft's onedrive, 100GB of storage for 2$ a month.
I have somewhere in the region of 6000-7000 photos on there plus some files and odd videos only 30gb used so far

#191 ·
Figured I should check in, it's been a while.

I try to keep quiet, unless I have something good to post.

Been busy with disability paperwork, and will be busy filing back taxes for a while. Had to step away from the bikes to clean up and organize stuff in the house. Could hardly find bike parts when I needed them.

Been working a bit on the 500 project lately, mostly because it's inside the house. Been triple digit heat for about a month, so sleeping during the day. Supposed to be 116F on Saturday and 117F on Sunday. Never seen these temps here, in my lifetime.

I'm a couple of weeks overdue for my blood tests, so will be getting that done soon. Fingers crossed, for sure.

Unfortunately, I need to pass on some bad news. Got a call 2 days ago. My good friend Bill died from pneumonia. Bill ran the local machine shop that made hundreds of custom bike parts for me over the years. Went by the empty shop today for the last time. There were a few parts/tooling with my name on them. Over the years, I've never found any other local shop willing to make my one-off parts.

RIP Bill Hamilton.

#192 ·
Was getting ready to shoot you a text Smokey! Thanks for checkin in. Been a fuckin hot summer for sure. Had 3 ac’s blowing in the house for a month straight...and I dont even like AC. Haha. Seems like its dropping off a bit here so maybe I can put them away soon. Dragged the 929 out to see if I can get her out this year...fingers crossed.

Reactions: Smoker
#197 ·
Found a post from years ago proclaiming my death!

I don't think this was posted after my last bike crash. I think it was after the bad crash I had a few years ago.

Definitely still alive! Not sure why, but not complaining. :knucks:

SOS2K
02 GPW/all red interior
I seriously think Kodokan passed away. His last successive posts were of him getting into a bad motorcycle accident, and then radio silence afterwards, never to be seen again. He didn’t log in after that ever again either.
I bought a set used on S2ki recently; posted a WTB. Prolly be your best bet at getting a set now. The other bolts in this thread are not recommended and are not designed for keeping a seat secure in the event of an accident. Kodokan had these manufactured by McGard specifically for the application, and they won’t sell them to anyone but him.

#200 ·
Me too, brother rex!

Kind of disappearing. Gone from 168 lbs. to 143 lbs.
No worries, it's on purpose. Got some eye of the tiger going on.
Wanna be skinny and ripped like Bruce Lee. :knucks:

Been dealing with some legal bullshit lately. Also stood tall before the man in court today, regarding state disability.

I plan on getting back to building bikes soon. Thanks for not giving up on me.

#204 · (Edited)
Well, got some mojo back. Been extremely excited about starting the college welding program in January.

Since I'll be attending class in person, I figured it would be good to get a COVID Antibody Assay test. An assay is a test that gives a quantitative result. A number representing the amount of COVID antibodies in my blood.

I've received 3 full doses of Moderna vaccine, so I expect the number to be very good.

Got my results today. Negative. Negative??? No fucking way!

So, if the results are true, I either have zero antibodies, or I have such a low number, it doesn't register as positive. Either way, I'm fucked. No school and indefinite lockdown.

My doc knows that we're looking to see if I have a decent immune response to the vaccines, so he should know what test to order. Still, there's some chance of a false negative. I haven't read much about it yet, but I think one of the two tests measures the nucleocapsid protein and will only register a positive result after an infection. I think the other test measures the spike protein and will give a positive result after vaccine or disease. So, I'll try to get it figured out.

If I have to sit home alone and learn to weld, then so be it. All of my bike projects need stuff welded, and I'm not giving up.

#206 ·
Have any favorites you know of Yan?

If I have to sit home alone and learn to weld, then so be it. All of my bike projects need stuff welded, and I'm not giving up.
THIS!! This is the way Smoker! NOT GIVING UP!

#211 ·
just like you always do! Hoping for a better year globally, but at least for my CF fam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.