91 1100 gsxr swinger on 96 1100 gsxr - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps

Swingarm Swaps Swingarm and Rear End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 91 1100 gsxr swinger on 96 1100 gsxr

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
Local Guy
Noobie
Local Time: 11:20 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Local Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really nice
Default 91 1100 gsxr swinger on 96 1100 gsxr

I got an extended swingarm off of a 91 gsxr 1100 drag bike for a great deal. Problem is my swingarm pivot bolt is a 25mm diameter and the 91 is 20mm, how can I go about solving this issue?
Local Guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
FrenchFries
GURU
CF Addict
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: 91 1100 gsxr swinger on 96 1100 gsxr

Get the holes machined out that extra bit. Or sell it and buy extensions for yours
FrenchFries is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
Local Guy
Noobie
Local Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really niceLocal Guy is really nice

i think the OD of the bearing in the swingarm are the same size as the pivot bolt on the bike though.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
Local Guy
Noobie

anyone?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2014, 01:08 AM   #5
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Look at a parts diagram of the bikes and see if there is a bearing number for each bike. Search what size that number is so you know exactly what you are working with. Maybe all you need is a new inner race.

Or you could just measure the OD of the bearings yourself and cut right to the chase. We can't really help until we know what exactly we're working with.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2014, 01:52 AM   #6
Local Guy
Noobie

I think I figured it out

i ordered a couple of these: http://www.mcmaster.com/#6659k44/=tr94us

gonna have the OD turned down a mm to 25 and it should work.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2014, 02:08 AM   #7
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Bronze on a needle bearing isn't going to work out. You need a hardened steel inner race or those needles are going to chew up that bronze in no time.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2014, 02:30 AM   #8
Local Guy
Noobie

damnit i didnt even notice they were bronzeback tot he drawing board tomorrow. too late to mess around w it now.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2014, 02:46 AM   #9
Local Guy
Noobie

Ok so i measured, the new swingarm i have is a from a 93 gsxr with a 25mm pivot bolt, my bike is a 96, it has a 30mm pivot bolt. am I going to need bushings for the frame and for the swingarm? now im really confused haha
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2016, 04:54 AM   #10
srad6/7.5
Fighterer
Local Time: 09:20 PM
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
srad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of light

I did this a long time ago the sleeve from the 93 will fit inside the sleeve from the 96 with very little play I found this info out on the Old School Suzuki website. I mentioned the little play between the sleeves to the guy who told me how to, he used Loctite himself and I did as well and then I used the axle from the 93.
Or you could get a new set of Sleeves made up for a perfect fit like someone mentioned in this post.
srad6/7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps