antigravity battery swelling - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights

Electrical and Lights Anything related to the fabrication of lights and other electrical components goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > antigravity battery swelling

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-28-2019, 04:04 PM   #11
TPEHAK
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 03:48 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
TPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud of
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: antigravity battery swelling

I used Antigravity XPS SC1 (4 cell) battery in my 2009 Buell XB12Scg about a few weeks with no issues. Then I swapped to Antigravity 8 cell battery because of XPS 4 cell battery is too weak to crank 1200cc V-twin engine. I have no issues with Antigravity 8 cell battery yet after half year of using it. Buell rectifier maintains 14.4 volts voltage, I believe this is maximum voltage you should maintain with LiFePo4 battery. Antigravity mentioned about it on their website. I also have voltmeter gauge installed on the motorcycle to monitor voltage during riding because of I had issues with voltage regulator before.

Also small size Antigravity batteries do not have batteries management system, so they may fail earlier than normal size LiFePo4 batteries.

Follow the rules from Antigravity manual. Use appropriate 14.5V VR. Find the coldest spot for the battery on the motorcycle, do not expose the battery to the heat. Make sure your accesories do not drain battery and rectifier power is enought to feed the battery and accessories. Hook the battery to special LiFePo4 charger once per a few weeks to not let it discharge too low. Make sure your motorcycle does not have parasitic draws. Do not hook battery instantly after riding on charger when it is warm, let the battery cool down to room temperature before charging it.
TPEHAK is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived TPEHAK!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights